• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Reincarnated as a Sword: Another Wish

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:44 am Reply with quote
Reincarnated as a Sword: Another Wish

All the blurbs says it is a spin-off of Reincarnated as a Sword. But it has the same main chararacters.

So is it a actual spin-off (as we knew the meaning), or is it a sequel series (or continuation)?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:54 am Reply with quote
Answered my own question, by buying the manga and reading it.

It is a spin-off, but with the main characters going off into spoiler[a parallel world]. So basically, nothing that happens in this spin-off is going to affect the main story line. Just an excuse to write story content, without having to worry about continuity with the main story line. (cash grab). Not complaining though, I like the characters and the manga has good art work, so take my money.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:50 am Reply with quote
Volume 2 of the spin-off manga is out now.

The action this series takes place in, is a parallel world, with some of the same characters from the original series, but in different positions and places.

It is similiar to the dark sequel series for Card Captor Sakura, instead of memories, our sword party characters are looking for wishes.

This manga has a different vibe from the original series, but the artwork is nice and I am liking it so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1