• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Skip and Loafer TV Anime Unveils Teaser Video, Cast, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:41 am Reply with quote
Wow, this really doesn't look like a PA Works show.

Also, it looks really cute!
SHD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:50 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

And thank god for that! I'd been really worried they'd just ditch the original chara designs and go with the usual saccharine PA Works designs where there's decent variation of male designs but all the female characters have the same Cute Anime Girl look, and have the same irritating permablush. But it seems like they didn't do that this time, I just hope they'll manage to keep it up without breaking down and starting to permablush all female characters.

This is a really cute manga, so I really hope the anime will do it justice.
SpideyDude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Looks like PA Works is really gonna do more manga adaptations after Kongming. I hope this doesn't become the norm because they're one of the few studios to do original anime.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:57 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

And thank god for that! I'd been really worried they'd just ditch the original chara designs and go with the usual saccharine PA Works designs where there's decent variation of male designs but all the female characters have the same Cute Anime Girl look, and have the same irritating permablush. But it seems like they didn't do that this time, I just hope they'll manage to keep it up without breaking down and starting to permablush all female characters.

This is a really cute manga, so I really hope the anime will do it justice.

Well, I like PA Works character designs but this looks pretty good too.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Mitsumi sounds like she was perfectly cast! The manga is a treat, so I'm interested to see how this adaptation turns out.
JankenTokyo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:45 pm Reply with quote
SpideyDude wrote:
Looks like PA Works is really gonna do more manga adaptations after Kongming. I hope this doesn't become the norm because they're one of the few studios to do original anime.

But their originals are insanely bad....this is a step in the right direction
This looks fantastic and so true to the manga, and Kongming was the biggest hit they've had in literal years
SpideyDude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:42 am Reply with quote
JankenTokyo wrote:
SpideyDude wrote:

This looks fantastic and so true to the manga, and Kongming was the biggest hit they've had in literal years

I wouldn't dare call Maquia, Hanasaku Iroha, Nagi no Asukara, Kuromukuro, Appare Ranman and Aquatope as bad. Sure they had misses but some of them were actually good and refreshing.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:35 am Reply with quote
SpideyDude wrote:
JankenTokyo wrote:
SpideyDude wrote:

I wouldn't dare call Maquia, Hanasaku Iroha, Nagi no Asukara, Kuromukuro, Appare Ranman and Aquatope as bad. Sure they had misses but some of them were actually good and refreshing.

I would say the only particularly bad PA works shows would be GlassLip and RDG. They did also give us amazing shows which you missed such as Shirobako and Uchoten Kazoku.

I guess the main complaint about recent PA works is that there can be a sameness about alot of their shows but this seems to be changing.
SpideyDude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:43 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
SpideyDude wrote:
JankenTokyo wrote:
SpideyDude wrote:

I would say the only particularly bad PA works shows would be GlassLip and RDG. They did also give us amazing shows which you missed such as Shirobako and Uchoten Kazoku.

I guess the main complaint about recent PA works is that there can be a sameness about alot of their shows but this seems to be changing.

Agreed. I just don't want PA Works to just become like other anime studios that had to solely rely on Manga and Light Novel adaptations to get hit shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1