• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Reveals Cast, Theme Songs, October Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Almyx2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:04 pm Reply with quote
asuka has permanently ruined anime character design
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:08 pm Reply with quote
So apparently the key to Saori Onishi being the female lead in a romcom (and finally winning) is having pink hair! Good for her. I don't think I've ever heard her play a Gyaru before...

Also, now Seiichiro Yamashita gets to be the lead in a romcom (not counting Orange since that wasn't really a romcom...).

This looks like fun!
FiendHunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:59 pm Reply with quote
The characters look okay, except for her school uniform. That looks so ugly to me...
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Those are some very saturated colors.
dreamEnd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:31 am Reply with quote
Another one of the Popular girl x loner self insert nice guy romance story? pass for me.
09jcg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:49 pm Reply with quote
dreamEnd wrote:
Another one of the Popular girl x loner self insert nice guy romance story? pass for me.
Ehh, its not really that. Its mor elike two people who dislike each other grow into liking each other.

Anyways the art is kind of the opposite of what I expected. The manga has a very whispy look to it. Solid bold colors didn't really come to mind while reading it.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:00 pm Reply with quote
The essential premise here sounds fairly similar to Toradora! Can anyone familiar with the source material comment on that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
09jcg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
The essential premise here sounds fairly similar to Toradora! Can anyone familiar with the source material comment on that?
Its been a minute since i watched toradora but I didn't realy pick up tora dora vibes while watching it. The big gist behind it is that male MC has a girl he's crushing on and female MC has a guy she's crushing on. That said, he two of them are forced together as partners for this project. They agree that they will help each other get paired up with their respective crushes and thats sort of the core behind the story. The more I think about it, the only thing I can kind of compare it to is Scums Wish except less dark and psychological and much more focused on romance/angst
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1