• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami to Start Dr. Stone: New World Season on June 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Hope you guys have watched the Ryusui special before then.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:12 am Reply with quote
Hey Toonami got a new show, great.

Sure it prolly won't include the special but at least they got a new show to air.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:13 am Reply with quote
Very happy that Toonami got a new show, and the Primal repeats can be finally put to rest. For now. Love Primal, but the re-runs are just too much.

But unfortunately, it's another Made in Abyss situation with Toonami not being able to air the required OVA before getting into S3. I wish that they could show the OVA, but I'm assuming it's a cost/rights issue that they couldn't get past like what happened with the 3rd Made in Abyss movie. Hopefully folks will seek out the OVA before they start trying to watch S3, but I know it's going to make live-tweeting on premier night (and probably the week before, with any commercial previews) a bit of an interesting affair.

Still, very happy Toonami is airing another new show (and it being one I absolutely love), and they have one more they plan to announce. I know they've been struggling to get anywhere with licenses lately between a number of different factors, so it's nice to see things starting to shift. I can only hope things will continue to shift and hopefully the block can go back to a point where it doesn't need to rely on the same repeats over and over again. I know they have their own original shows still coming down the pipe, but the block needs more than their own content to thrive. It's definitely a rough time right now for Toonami, but I still have hope they'll turn things around.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Super excited for more Dr. Stone!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1