• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Second Rosario + Vampire Anime Series Announced

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quote
.....yeah.....why can't I get excited about this? Maybe becuse the practicaly RAPED the story from the manga? Sure, some changes made sense, at least to introduce the girls.....but why the HELL was Rudy made a psycho? Why didn't Tsukune DO somethig when he was supposed to? Gin had ONE cool scene in the manga...that's all he got...and they didn't even show it. Gonzo has been failing me A LOT (Dragonaut..........started decent......ended.....with break dancing)

Also...."new anime original charatcers".......FOR THE LOVE OF HUMANITY!!!!!! WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
cloud1989

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote
is it just me or is there alot of sequals going on, it seems no anime is left without a second or third series to follow anymore.
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:59 pm Reply with quote
This was a series where the fanservice was just TOO MUCH! They couldn't go five seconds without showing a girl's panties. Perhaps it was the only way to keep viewers awake late at night.

**nods**...ZZZZ...PANTIES!...**almost falls asleep**...PANTIES!!!...ZZZ...PANTIES!!!

[DRAMATIZATION: BUT PROBABLY TRUE]

The last couple episodes were okay, but the series could've been better. I'm not so sure I'll watch the second series.
Espeon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Well i cant wait. I've seen alot of fanservice show so it didn't faze me, But it was a very Enjoyable show.
Master_M2K

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Great, just what I was dreading... a sequel Sad . If only another studio picked it up. Oh well, nothing else to do but wait for this crap. Anime smile
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh joy... Neutral

I couldn't get through three episodes of that trash, which was drowned in overdone fanservice that was embarassingly sexist (almost close to Ikkitousen-like levels...almost).

As with Ikkitousen, which, too, is getting a sequel, Rosario + Vampire has found a rabid niche of fans. It's no surprise, despite its overall quality, since anything with cute girls, panties, and (big) jiggling breasts is guaranteed at least some sort of success.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote
New anime only characters means it will suck even more.

Where the hell is Ghoul Tsukune? God, the only redeeming quality of this show was Mizore.

This gets slung around a lot, but it's an absolute of the manga being infinitely better. There is no anime.
Katsu Koneko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Espeon wrote:
Well i can't wait. I've seen alot of fanservice show so it didn't faze me, But it was a very Enjoyable show.

That's what I thought to. xD

Last edited by Katsu Koneko on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I am surprised at the amount of negative feedback this series has. I mean, if you do not like it why waste time and energy posting about it in a forum, I would understand if anime like this was avaiable in OTA channels since many people cannot see anything else; But this series can be seen if you look for it. Also, many people talk wonders about the manga, but truth there is little remarkable about it either. I think this is a nice series, good to relax and have a good time and I am looking forward to the next season.
Leebo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Everyone is free to express an opinion, but I've never understood the idea of whining about sequels for series you don't like. If you didn't like the first season, it should go without saying that you don't have to watch the second. It's a manufactured problem to say that a sequel has some kind of negative effect on you.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
Everyone is free to express an opinion, but I've never understood the idea of whining about sequels for series you don't like. If you didn't like the first season, it should go without saying that you don't have to watch the second. It's a manufactured problem to say that a sequel has some kind of negative effect on you.

What gets me is people whining about sequels for shows they don't like but then complaining when shows they do like don't get one. Obviously the shows you may not like are enjoyed by others so are they not also entitled to a sequel for the shows they like? Plus just because one season may suck/rock doesn't mean the 2nd or 3rd will follow suit either.
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote
This is great, great news that Rosario Vampire is getting a second season! Rosario + Vampire took me by surprise this past anime season, and it's become one of my favorite animes of recent memory. Yea, the story is cliche in some aspects. But the characters are very likeable, the episodes are enjoyable, and the animation work done by Gonzo is awesome to say the least. Can't wait for another season of "Moka-san!"
Roguespider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote
jeromeskee wrote:
This is great, great news that Rosario Vampire is getting a second season! Rosario + Vampire took me by surprise this past anime season, and it's become one of my favorite animes of recent memory. Yea, the story is cliche in some aspects. But the characters are very likeable, the episodes are enjoyable, and the animation work done by Gonzo is awesome to say the least. Can't wait for another season of "Moka-san!"

If you thought the anime was great, you'd be doing yourself an awesome favor by reading the manga. As people stated, the anime tore apart the original story and doesn't do it one bit of justice. If you liked the frequent panty shots and other fanservice elements that's pretty much all anime. The manga has the 'smother Tsukune's face with breasts' but that's about it

spoiler[ They totally ruined the season finale. At that point in the manga (which is less than halfway through the manga's 1st season), Tsukune is bitten by Moka to save his life but Tsukune then gets up to save Moka and hands Koyou (sp?) his butt on a silver platter. The main point that I've seen with the manga is, 1st third Moka constantly kicks butt, 2nd third Tsukune always kicking butt. Final 3rd, Tsukune and Moka kicking butt together (along with the others helping out).]

I'd go on but trust me and just about everyone else that's posted here. Read the manga.
Tolone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quote
in this thread people complain about people complaining
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:25 am Reply with quote
What I would like to know if it will be another 13 episodes "half-season" or if we are going to get this time a full 26 episodes season. The part about "anime only characters" makes me think it is the later, but it could just be that they are going to introduce one or two extra teachers to torture and help tsukune & co. Also, since there is more fighting in the anime, I wonder if they are going to introduce stronger monsters and if the girls are going to get stronger as fights get tougher.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2