• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Time of Eve Film's New Scenes Confirmed for 2010

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:21 am Reply with quote
Man, would I ever love to see this on the big screen. I encourage everybody to check out this amazing series on Crunchyroll. I have now watched close to 100 anime titles (series, OVAs, ONAs & movies) and it is the only title for which I have given the prestigious and coveted Blood- "Masterpiece" rating. Take that for what is worth.
Kyon27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote
Definitely have to agree with you here, Blood-. This is hands-down one of my favorites of all time. I hope someday we have the opportunity to pick this up on Blu-Ray here in the States.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I really want to own this series badly. I hope it can be released here in the States eventually.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I for one am hoping for a licence. I can find faults in certain episodes, but the difference between Time of Eve and standard anime fare is pronounced and refreshingly beneficial. (Such a combination of originality and entertainment value is something its predecessor didn't quite manage.)
A film version would be an acceptable way to present the story, provided that a slow and universal sense of character bonding prevails over the more episodic approach taken by the ONA.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsieczka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I really want to own this series badly. I hope it can be released here in the States eventually.

It is available via digital download off of Crunchyroll. Beyond that I would be very surprised if a DVD is released.
Greg Aubry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote
The smart thing for Yoshiura/Directions to do would be to buy CR's subtitles and put them on the BD. Make it import-friendly, since the US and Japan share Blu-ray Disc regions. Time of Eve is a great show that deserves to be seen.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Will this movie version include everything from the series (plus something extra), or will parts of the series be left out?

A Blood- Masterpiece, eh? Hmm, is that a good thing or a not-so-good thing, I wonder?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
A Blood- Masterpiece, eh? Hmm, is that a good thing or a not-so-good thing, I wonder?

I guess that all depends on what you think of my taste. Wink There may be people out there who are shocked to learn I would give a series a masterpiece rating even though it doesn't have any pantsu.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Greg Aubry wrote:
The smart thing for Yoshiura/Directions to do would be to buy CR's subtitles and put them on the BD. Make it import-friendly, since the US and Japan share Blu-ray Disc regions.

I've always been in the same DVD regions as Japan, but that hasn't exactly made DVDs with English subtitles common.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
chicogrande

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm a new fan of this series and I'm quite pleased with this news. Love the series. Episode 4 is damn funny and sad. Boy, such robotic comments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1