• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 5 New Vocaloid 2/Voiceroid Characters Offered Next Month

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jyuichi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:27 am Reply with quote
From what I can tell from the site, the first three are NOT voiceroids. They use the Vocaloid2 engine (like the article states). Only the last two products are Voiceroids, which seems to mean they only read a loud, they don't sing (conversely Vocaloids do not do regular speech well it seems). Nothing indicates they use the Vocaloid2 engine.

http://www.ah-soft.com/product/index.html
championferret

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:34 am Reply with quote
Hm, who is this company that kind of just popped up out of nowhere?

Voiceroid sounds pretty interesting though...if they're more for talking, I wonder what they'll be mostly used for? doujin anime projects perhaps? (for those who cant afford a proper seiyuu?) I look forward to seeing what happens with them on Nico, anyway.
jyuichi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:41 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:

Voiceroid sounds pretty interesting though...if they're more for talking, I wonder what they'll be mostly used for? doujin anime projects perhaps? (for those who can't afford a proper seiyuu?) I look forward to seeing what happens with them on Nico, anyway.

I can see the demand... I did an entire school project with the Mac OS X text-to-speech accessibility voices one time (didn't want to book the recording studio lol). Something like these (but a few years older) would have been a nice option.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:02 am Reply with quote
is it just me? or does Miki look like Nono from Diebuster.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:26 am Reply with quote
The Kiyoteru (teacher) info link in the article is the same as the Yuki link Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

The characters aren't particularly interesting looking, and all but the teacher (aside from the school theme, why a teacher?) have really large heads...

The Voiceroids do sound a bit more natural than their singing counterparts, but I'm wondering how good adults would sound.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:28 am Reply with quote
Man, I clicked on ANN to see this, Meanwhile, I just happened to be listening to an mp3 I clicked on... which was a recording of the Bell Labs speech and music test of 'Daisy, Daisy' which was one of the first computerized voices and inspired HAL from 2001's singing. Once of these days the Vocaloid is gonna not open the pod bay doors and kill us all. Game over, man, game over.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote
3 kids and anther male this time but Kaai Yuki look promising and she looks so cute to
minakichan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard of Voiceroid; are these the first ones ever?

Interesting that they're little kids (the boy's called Shouta >_>...) I guess Yuki and Kiyoteru are going to be like those English Vocaloids that people don't actually care about?
brittiney360

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote
The character designs are all awful/boring imo, but Kiyoteru has a really nice voice. Don't really understand how he sounds a lot like Kaito; there are some similarities when he sings lower notes, but they're not that comparable seeing as how, unlike Kaito, his singing is listenable (although I did like I Wish They'd Just Die, but that's where it ends).
Mysticmidnightmaiden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Heh, the Voiceroids sound a little YUKKURI. But hey, I'm all for the technology.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
is it just me? or does Miki look like Nono from Diebuster.

It's not just you, I thought the same thing.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
I've never heard of Voiceroid; are these the first ones ever?

Interesting that they're little kids (the boy's called Shouta >_>...) I guess Yuki and Kiyoteru are going to be like those English Vocaloids that people don't actually care about?

They are the first voiceroids.

It's inevitable that people on the internet will use them to say naughty things.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1