• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster to Run in Canada, Deltora Quest in Australia, NZ

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote
Aww, I wanna see Deltora Quest... I used to love those books as a kid. Sad
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote
The airing of Monster may sound good, but nobody I know gets Superchannel.

I would like to see Deltora Quest. Even the fansubbers seem to have given up on it.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't Deltora Quest licensed years ago by a company that went out of business last year?

The older the series, the more challenging it is to find via dvd. Too bad Toonami doesn't exist anymore, pretty sure this show would gain viewership.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:54 pm Reply with quote
More anime on tv is good, but I've never even heard of Super Channel Embarassed .
Proximately

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Sounds awesome for every owner of this Super Channel out there. Monster needs to be seen by more people Smile . It can never reach a maximum. Had I lived in Canada I probably would have gotten the channel purely for this series.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Wasn't Deltora Quest licensed years ago by a company that went out of business last year?

It was licensed by Dentsu Inc, the people who owned Geneon. It was the Geneon collapse that almost killed the show. Up until now about all they did was to shut down the fansubs. Aside from a few stray fansub releases, the show was basically in limbo. It's a US division of Dentsu that's releasing it in Australia, so there's still some chance of a proper NA release.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
DCI-LA was started after the fall of Geneon. The first title it announced was Deltora Quest (which was originally picked up by Geneon), and had announced some co-productions. Deltora Quest has some shot at getting on North American TV I'd guess.
Kirben

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like really bad news, I doubt we will see an uncut version, or bi-lingual DVD release from Cartoon Network.

I expect Madman Entertainment would be handling the DVD releases in Australia. But they have failed to even release a single series (from Cartoon Network) on DVD in widescreen so far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:48 am Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

It was licensed by Dentsu Inc, the people who owned Geneon. It was the Geneon collapse that almost killed the show. Up until now about all they did was to shut down the fansubs. Aside from a few stray fansub releases, the show was basically in limbo. It's a US division of Dentsu that's releasing it in Australia, so there's still some chance of a proper NA release.

I see. Originally I thought Central Park held the license, but looks like I was wrong. Thanks for the information.

But truth be told, I haven't seen Cartoon Network run uncut anime since the early years of Toonami. But since Toonami doesn't exist anymore, I have a feeling the show will be edited like many other CN shows.

Like Writer Patrick stated, maybe there is a chance North America will have a proper release. Only time will tell.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 am Reply with quote
Proximately wrote:
Had I lived in Canada I probably would have gotten the channel purely for this series.

If you knew how much the station cost per month you wouldn't.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
So it's just the US Cartoon Network that sucks and won't show anime (barring Adult Swim since they seem to be treated as two seperate networks)? Good to know... Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Expias

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Is there any reason why they're only showing 52 episodes and not 65? Or is it that the other 13 episodes too much filler for them to show it or something?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1