• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Warner Brothers in Film Talks for Bleach Manga

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Insert your internet parody here.
Otaku Teahouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote
No... Just...no...
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote
So when people die, instead of going to a feudal Japanese village, will they go to an American shopping mall?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote
hey American films based off a manga can be good. remember dragonball evolution... oh wait.
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Good or bad, I wanna see the end product. It's guaranteed to be memorable.
Animegeek86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Ok lets look at this.

1. Bleach is one of the most popular franchise there is, so I guess they are trying to broaden that out. Confused
2. The last time someone tried to do something like this was with dragonball:evolution. Mad BIG mistake.
3. ARe they going to keep it close to the manga or just butcher it all up and stain us animegeeks forever in our mids. Question
4. Will the creator of the Bleach manga apporve of this? Neutral

Last edited by Animegeek86 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
hey American films based off a manga can be good. remember dragonball evolution... oh wait.

That WAS good.

But if you want a more well recieved example, there's always Speed Racer. Everyone I've known loved that one, while I'm apparently the only person who even so much as liked DBE...
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I can see the first screening now... A Warner Bro's rep. in front of the audience saying "I present to you, a crappier live-action shonen production than Dragonball:Evolution."

Seriously, IF it DOES go through, by the time the project's production begins, technology will be so advanced it will actually be possible to do without looking ridiculous.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quote
hehe i actually like speed racer i always forget that its a Japanese series.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Seriously, IF it DOES go through, by the time the project's production begins, technology will be so advanced it will actually be possible to do without looking ridiculous.

That or they will just get an actress who fits Inoue's massive boobies so well that it will attract such a massive audience that no technology could make up for.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 am Reply with quote
It might be good if they stick to fighting hollows and stay far away from that Soul Society sh*t.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PiercingArrow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
WHAT THE HELL! just WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

first was Zac Efron talks about "their" live action death note now warner brothers is now talking about a live-action bleach?!?! whats next, live action of One Piece & Full Metal Alchemist? I'm currently worried about the Live action of Cowboy bebop being filmed right now thinking that how would it turn out. It might be another big failure like Dragon Ball Evolution & Speed Racer. Way to give bad reputation on such good anime titles.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote
I had to double check that today wasn't April 1st.

Death Note is one thing. It could very very easily be changed to take place entirely in America with American actors without having the story change at all. I can't imagine the same for Bleach. This is a bad idea. Some thing don't really lend themselves to live action, and Bleach is one of them (along with most other shonen).
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote
PiercingArrow wrote:
WHAT THE HELL! just WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

first was Zac Efron talks about "their" live action death note now warner brothers is now talking about a live-action bleach?!?! whats next, live action of One Piece & Full Metal Alchemist? I'm currently worried about the Live action of Cowboy bebop being filmed right now thinking that how would it turn out. It might be another big failure like Dragon Ball Evolution & Speed Racer. Way to give bad reputation on such good anime titles.

Don't be silly, One Piece isn't popular in the US
Logan Essex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quote
Otaku_X wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

That WAS good.

But if you want a more well recieved example, there's always Speed Racer. Everyone I've known loved that one, while I'm apparently the only person who even so much as liked DBE...

I liked DBE. And I know several other people that did, too.

I don't know what to think about a LA Bleach though. Mainly because Kubo has said "No" several times when asked about the possibility.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11