• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tezuka's Buddha Anime Film Project to Be Trilogy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote
That's good. I don't know if there's enough money to make out of a trilogy, but at least they won't pad it down as badly as they did with that Phoenix show.
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote
sweet this was my fav tezuka series
nightjuan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I don't know enough about Buddha in order to argue for or against the idea in terms of specifics but, just as a matter of principle, trying to do more than one movie in order to better spread out all the content seems to be a reasonable move.

GATSU wrote:
That's good. I don't know if there's enough money to make out of a trilogy, but at least they won't pad it down as badly as they did with that Phoenix show.

Well...I still think that the show wasn't a bad introduction to the material. It certainly made me a lot more curious about Tezuka's works in general. Admittedly, that also means I've started to read the Phoenix manga myself and there are definitely some changes, which give me mixed feelings, but it wouldn't be terribly surprising if the Buddha staff had to make compromises of their own.
xScar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
Oh, I'm glad that decided to make three... not sure how they would have pulled it all off within one movie otherwise.

Also Junko Takeuchi as kid Chapra <3

Can't wait for these.

The first movie probably will end before Siddhartha hits the forest, and/or will be a movie mostly about Chapra. Shall see.

I have yet to finish reading the series, guess I should do that sometime.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:34 am Reply with quote
Let's see them fansub this one. Laughing
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:03 am Reply with quote
Awesome news, I read the manga some years ago and it's a masterpiece... not so surprising, being an Osamu Tezuka's work, but still. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:44 am Reply with quote
This is great news. I definitely want to check this out.
I had nothing against the 'Phoenix' anime. It was decent. Though not as intense as the GNs as there is more stuff. But it's a great introductory piece to those WHO have NOT read the manga. I watched the series first and then I did ALL of the manga. So I could deal with what was not included. At least it wasn't butched like some shows I could think of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1