• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otakon Hosts Welcome to the Space Show Premiere, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
It was also screened at the South Bank for the British Film Institute's Anime Weekend on the 22nd May where Koiji Masanori and Tomonori Ochikoshi were again in attendance for a Q&A:

http://www.uk-anime.net/articles/Welcome_to_THE_SPACE_SHOW_Q&A_Session.html

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_southbank/events/anime_weekend/welcome_to_the_space_show

http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/14379006040

Manga UK also gave away free tickets and a signed poster on Twitter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Man! I can't believe it! My dad doesn't want us going to Otakon because their admission fees are so durned high! Waaagh! I wanna see this! Even more reason to wanna go to Otakon! Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to go this year. Waaaaagh!

I wonder if they'll premiere it at the New York Anime Festival?
jvowles
Otakon Representative

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Man! I can't believe it! My dad doesn't want us going to Otakon because their admission fees are so durned high! Waaagh! I wanna see this! Even more reason to wanna go to Otakon! Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to go this year. Waaaaagh!

Premier means "first", and they are a few months off. So they may *show* it, but Otakon will have the US premier.

I'd also note that the $75 it costs currently to register is pretty much the going rate for thee-day conventions (possibly a bit less, actually, as the two I've been to, both smaller hotel-based conventions, were $80).
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Maybe in the Northeast area, but I only paid $50 for my ACen badge.

And I saw the first 22 minutes of Welcome to the Space Show. It looked like pretty cute fluff. I was actually reminded of PuriGorota (the show-with-a-show on Nodame Cantabile) quite a bit ^^
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

There is still a couple of weeks to go before Otakon, time enough to earn a little extra money for Otakon. If the money doesn't come from Dad, he might be more willing to go.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:27 am Reply with quote
jvowles wrote:
FireChick wrote:

Premier means "first", and they are a few months off. So they may *show* it, but Otakon will have the US premier.

I'd also note that the $75 it costs currently to register is pretty much the going rate for thee-day conventions (possibly a bit less, actually, as the two I've been to, both smaller hotel-based conventions, were $80).

Nah, con registrations are usually about $50. Otakon's reg was usually $50-$60. So it seems Otakon's reg has jumped a whopping 25%+ to $75.

Anyways, Otakon should also bring over Susan Boyle for a concert. Very Happy

A friend will also be getting NYAF/NY Comic Con's premium registration package, so that should allows us to go in front of any lines there. Laughing
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:36 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Anyways, Otakon should also bring over Susan Boyle for a concert. Very Happy

No... please... No just... Just... Don't... Please don't do that...

*needs to go sit in a corner for a moment and attempt to get rid of such a thought, rocking back and forth*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1