• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Character Guessing Game, Q2-2009 Round.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arachneia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
spoiler[Scar's Brother from Fullmetal Alchemist]

Aren't all Ishbalans blond?
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
arachneia wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

O_o

No, I've never even seen a blond one. The only unifying characteristics are dark brown skin and blood red eyes. (Hence the discrimination thing. They're a bit intimidating.)

Scar had white hair even as a little goober, but...it's anime...so yeah. Laughing
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
arachneia wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

I believe you're thinking of spoiler[the people of Xerxes] - none of the Ishballans are blond.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
arachneia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
arachneia wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

O_o

No, I've never even seen a blond one. The only unifying characteristics are dark brown skin and blood red eyes. (Hence the discrimination thing. They're a bit intimidating.)

Scar had white hair even as a little goober, but...it's anime...so yeah. Laughing

They're all white (as in blank) - haired in the manga, including Scar's brother. Also, I would say Scar's hair is blond - albeit a very pale shade - but YMMV.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Hint #1 - spoiler[This character is a government official.]
Hint #2 - spoiler[In this scene, the pictured character is in the process of making a very unwelcome sexual advance toward one of the lead characters.]
Hint #3 - spoiler[This character used his position to organize a secret competition pitting individuals from two groups against one another in duels to the death.]

And now for the final hint...

Hint #4 - spoiler[The anime in which this character appears has nothing to do with Fullmetal Alchemist but metal definitely has an important place in the story's premise. And while the previous hints might indicate a fairly grim series, the ANN Encyclopedia entry gives comedy and romance as the genre descriptors.]
larinon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Hidehiko Otoya from Akikan!]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quote
larinon wrote:

Gaah! That's undoubtedly the right answer. How did I miss placing him despite those clues?

Ugh. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:37 am Reply with quote
larinon wrote:

You are correct!
larinon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quote

Maybe this one will be more difficult than the previous ones I've posted. I also thought the same thing about my last picture too. And my next one...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
larinon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[He's a teacher, and his class consists of just five girls.]
Sakura of Avalon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote
On a different note, jetz's last post on ANN appears to be May 26. It is possible that she is preoccupied temporarily with an unknown return date, or it may be that she has left permanently for whatever reason. In either case, the start of Q3 is uncertain. Should we be looking for a replacement host? If not, when would be a sufficiently long wait?
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Shintaro Umakai from Lime-iro Senkitan? ]
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Sakura of Avalon wrote:
On a different note, jetz's last post on ANN appears to be May 26. It is possible that she is preoccupied temporarily with an unknown return date, or it may be that she has left permanently for whatever reason. In either case, the start of Q3 is uncertain. Should we be looking for a replacement host? If not, when would be a sufficiently long wait?

Well, Key could probably run it, although usually it runs itself. Just copy and paste jetz's rules into a new thread, and have whoever correctly guesses larinon's picture to post in that thread first. Simple.

I believe we should do it sooner rather than later; we don't know when she will be back, so might as well get the new quarter under way.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Sakura of Avalon wrote:

Well, Key could probably run it, although usually it runs itself. Just copy and paste jetz's rules into a new thread, and have whoever correctly guesses larinon's picture to post in that thread first. Simple.

I believe we should do it sooner rather than later; we don't know when she will be back, so might as well get the new quarter under way.

If someone does do that, please be sure to post a link to it here so that the rest of us will find and/or remember to subscribe to the thread.

Thanks.
murph76

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Started a thread for the new quarter here. I posted Iarinon's game pic, hint and Symmetrical_Magician's guess at the bottom of the first post.

Please don't delete this thread yet. I will be going through it to tally the score.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 56 of 57