• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: English Video Game Actors Join Disney's Wreck-It Ralph Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Disney attempting to make a movie about video games, if it's anything like "Level Up" or those other lame shows about video gamers I can't help but see nothing good coming out of this, Disney hasn't made a good movie since "Princess and the Frog". I MIGHT see it just to see Sonic but I highly doubt it.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow. You clearly haven't seen the trailer for this. Before calling it anything looking like Level Up, go look up the trailer for Wreck-It Ralph and then come back singing a different tune.

This is actually pretty amazing news. While I would have rather seen Jaleel White get the role of Sonic, it does keep in line with the current voice and the fact that a lot of the Street Fighter gang who are all professional voice actors, and mostly anime voice actors getting a turn in a Disney film is nothing short of amazing.

Last edited by outlawwolf on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:
...if it's anything like "Level Up" or those other lame shows about video gamers I can't help but see nothing good coming out of this...
Don't worry, it's not. Wreck-it Ralph is more like Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.
I honestly can't remember the last time I've been excited for a film - and a domestic film, no less.

Here's the trailer. Very Happy

Last edited by Dumnerd on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
lostrune

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I wish Disney and Dreamworks would stop it with their pop-culture joke laded films. Take a note from Pixar or something. Laughing
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
now all we need is a confirmation that Mike Pollick is voicing Eggman and I'll be happy as a lark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Kara Destare

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
The clip with Sonic's appearance is already up on youtube, they showed it at Sonic Boom. To me it's like a little nod to the "Sonic Says" parts in Adventures of. Laughing

It is quite cool, I love the Pac-Man joke
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who wanted Saturday Morning Bison in the role? It's a meme factory of a role either way.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Going to see this movie only for Sonic and Dr. Eggman. Smile
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
First time I;ve heard of it acctually and looking from the trailer it should be fairly fun (I just love how bowesr and Eggman randomly appaer Anime hyper) and I really want to see where sonic shows up, so if anything I'll go for that. this looks like it'll be one fo the more fun popculture based films as the idea of mixing every videogame character in one world is indeed a similar idea from roger rabbit, and I f***ing love that film for it.

funny How I'm on the site playing that little game for it RIGHT AFTER I got done watching SAO.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Nice to bring the character's VAs for the animated movie, which i am really looking forward to. I think that the Japanese dub version will also follow the same pattern of bringing the seiyuu from the games to reprise their roles.
RommieSG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Cammy is supposed to make an appearance as well. If so, I hope that it's Caitlin Glass voicing the character. She did an excellent job in SSFIV and SFxT.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I'm not the only one interested in this film. Not super-excited, but the people behind it seem to love video games. It's fun seeing characters and references to video game mechanics and designs. Plus I love that promotional movie poster!

yotsubafanfan wrote:
Disney attempting to make a movie about video games, if it's anything like "Level Up" or those other lame shows about video gamers I can't help but see nothing good coming out of this, Disney hasn't made a good movie since "Princess and the Frog". I MIGHT see it just to see Sonic but I highly doubt it.

But...the only two animated films after Princess and the Frog are Tangled and Winnie the Pooh. I enjoyed Tangled, and only heard nice things about WTP. Though I don't really keep track of live-action Disney films.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:36 am Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
But...the only two animated films after Princess and the Frog are Tangled and Winnie the Pooh. I enjoyed Tangled, and only heard nice things about WTP. Though I don't really keep track of live-action Disney films.

And Brave just came out. Pixar is owned by Disney, after all.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
RestlessOne wrote:

And Brave just came out. Pixar is owned by Disney, after all.

Yup, that one too. (I usually separate the two, as none of Pixar's films are considered Disney features.) Still, that's three films that I wouldn't consider bad. Though I suppose tastes differ, it's not like they were all on the level of Mars Needs Moms or Planet 51.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote
The Avengers is Disney too (technically)! Razz

Anyway, I am SOOOO freakin happy that they got the video game voice actors for these characters instead of celebs, similar to how Roger Rabbit had Mel Blanc and Mae Questel (among others) reprise their roles for classic cartoon characters. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2