• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga's Project-H Imprint Adds 4 More Adult Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
You guys.....you're missing the good stuff......
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:

I've got some titles, what're yours? Bust to Bust is good, but this vanilla is getting stale.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Getting Bust to Bust for sure, so long as the censoring is as minimal as it was for Shocking Pink!. Of course, I'd rather have no censoring at all, but I was able to tolerate the aforementioned title's censoring.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:

I've got some titles, what're yours? Bust to Bust is good, but this vanilla is getting stale.

Nana to Kaoru/NtK Arashi, anything by Yui Toshiki (My Doll House, My Sisters, Yui Shop).....
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Getting Bust to Bust for sure, so long as the censoring is as minimal as it was for Shocking Pink!. Of course, I'd rather have no censoring at all, but I was able to tolerate the aforementioned title's censoring.

They hadn't even decensored them? I understand why hentai scanlators don't (it's time consuming and requires drawing skills if the censorship is particularly encompassing), but when you're paying for something, that's the prime reason to buy hentai legitimately.
teknokrat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Many of their releases so far have been censored from what I hear, though some of it may be the pencil thin black bar type that you almost don't notice.

I read somewhere that their first announced uncensored release was Love Hair, announced earlier this year but not coming out till next year.

Thankfully these 4 titles will be uncensored, but would like to know about the other couple dozen titles they announced recently. Would also be nice if their website was more clear about censorship status.
Ddoddka_10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote
looks like i could start another hobby collecting japanese goodness. already spent more than enough on anime
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
teknokrat wrote:
Many of their releases so far have been censored from what I hear, though some of it may be the pencil thin black bar type that you almost don't notice.

They edit their 18+ BL titles, too, so not like they're screwing over the people that are buying these titles that do get censored.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

They hadn't even decensored them? I understand why hentai scanlators don't (it's time consuming and requires drawing skills if the censorship is particularly encompassing), but when you're paying for something, that's the prime reason to buy hentai legitimately.

I don't remember clearly, but they may have had to keep the black bars as a licensing requirement, if I recall. Although that may not be the case, if what was mentioned above is really a company practice. They weren't all that obtrusive, as opposed to pixelation.

Of course, I'd rather have it uncensored, but I enjoy the series too much to not buy a copy for myself.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:19 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
They weren't all that obtrusive, as opposed to pixelation.

Censorship is censorship regardless of what means it is. And it's bad.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
They weren't all that obtrusive, as opposed to pixelation.

Censorship is censorship regardless of what means it is. And it's bad.

And I know how most hentai tanks come as far as censorship, either a black, greyed out, or white bar over the stragetic areas. There's never pixelation unless it was downloaded from somewhere like DLsite, or a doujinshi artist for some odd reason decided to use it on his physical publication. In any case, decensoring the images is why people in the West place any value over pirated volumes from Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1