• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Aksys to Release Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi PSP Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote
???

Why? If they are going to release more Hakuouki games why not in order? This clearly isn't the fandisc to the first game. I'm not interested in some hack and slash game. If they are only planning to localize games like this when trying to capture the otome fans I'm not sure if I want to support that.

I guess for the people who are really huge fans of Hakuouki this is good news. I'd rather have the fandisc released rather than some game they made to continue to milk the Hakuouki franchise.
Zendervai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote
This game is probably much easier to translate than the fandisc, and it will probably be much quicker to release.
lijachan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
gawrsh, i was hoping they'd go for the otome game ones... = 3=
but aaaah, anything for Toshi<3 lol

also, if this'll help make them release the other Hakuouki games in English, i'm up for this one... JUST THIS ONE TIME! remember that Aksys! LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
::excited:: I don't care which Hakuouki it is, I'm just glad it's more Hakuouki. Very Happy I was starting to give up hope on seeing anymore of the games localized given that the PSP is on the downslide here in North America. Totally pre-ordering this as soon as I can (and if anyone from Aksys *happens* to stumble over this forum posting, I plan on doing that for *all* localized Hakuouki games. Anime smallmouth Just saying).
chichiri_chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Although not my favorite game in the series, it's still a whole lot of fun. I'm really excited to see more Hakuoki hit is States side! I can't wait to pre-order this. I hope it gets the special edition treatment like last time.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy about this and intend to support it. However, I think that maybe if they want to keep the same people who bought the first Hakuoki game buying stuff, they might want to consider some of the other otome games/visual novels that are out there.

At the same time, I can see why they are concentrating on Hakuoki, since the romance angle takes a back seat to the historical action. More possible crossover appeal, I guess.
Loren Leah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I can't fathom why they chose to release this instead of Reimeiroku. Zuisouroku would be a harder sell, but Reimeiroku has the same novel format as the original Hakuouki, cross-demographic appeal with a male protagonist, a strong storyline, and the tie-in anime series just finished simulcasting earlier this year... Warriors of the Shinsengumi/Bakumatsu Musouroku, on the other hand, has been panned by pretty much the whole fandom for its bad controls, shallow and repetitive gameplay, lack of story content, and general crappy shovelware atmosphere.

I feel like they picked up the one series installment in a genre they thought would make them more money without actually checking to find out whether the game itself was any good or not.
otomefangirl97

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of hakuouki i really love it and i'm glad that more games are coming out, but in a way i'm not so happy because it's not an actual otome game and i was actually hoping for remeiroku to come out or yuugi roku was it? but yeah well at least i know that they are releasing more hakuouki :D
I REALLY HOPE RIGHT AFTER THIS GAME THEY GET THE OTHERS HERE PLEASE >.<
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I have actually played this one just 2 months ago, it wasn't that great, I agree that its repetitive..The "attacks" are very limited.. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1