• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recommendations Needed

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quote
Seems like light novels is pretty much dead, looking at the number of "recent" posts in this forum. Oh well, still, let me try my luck.

I'm pretty much into light novels. My favs are Twelve Kingdoms, and Maria-sama ga Miteru. Saiunkoku Monogatari is pretty good, along with Kino's Journey and Trinity Blood. Others I've read include the Opera series by 栗原ちひろ, tricksters series by 久住四季, and Nanahime Monogatari by 高野和.

I enjoy stories with character developments and also those with sweet romance. Recommendations anyone?
IzanaginoOkami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:29 am Reply with quote
well for novels i can recommenced are baccano, and legend the of the galactic heroes and faust it's more like a collection of short stories but i highly recommend it vol 1 has been relased a while ago
nerei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quote
IzanaginoOkami wrote:
well for novels i can recommenced are baccano, and legend the of the galactic heroes and faust it's more like a collection of short stories but i highly recommend it vol 1 has been relased a while ago

Baccano? I can't believe I forgot about it! The anime was excellent. Thanks for the recommendations!
natsume123

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote
I can only recommend you Shounen Onmyouji. Although Animax broadcasted it last year, but i still think that reading the book is better. There are continous series on it.

So, i definitely recommend you to read this series.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote
If you like The Twelve Kingdoms, check out the Moribito series, published by Scholastic. You won't be disappointed.
hzla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:39 am Reply with quote
A really good light novel to read would be Sword Art Online. Its about a teenager that's trapped inside an RPG game but don't let that put you off. There plenty of action as well as a fair amount of romance and in my opinion there a good amount of character development as well. Give it a try, you won't regret it.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote
nerei wrote:
I enjoy stories with character developments and also those with sweet romance. Recommendations anyone?

If they're still in print and available, I'd suggest any of Noriko Ogiwara's books. Viz printed Dragon Sword and Wind Child a few years back, and Tokyopop got out two volumes of Good Witch of the West before they just stopped, but I found her books to be very enjoyable, fun fantasy, all with good amounts of romance mixed in, and great characters.
Renzostrife

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Try this light novel Zero No Tsukaima.
Fujiiro

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:46 am Reply with quote
all I have to say is 空の境界 and DDD
奈須きのこ rulezz!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1