• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime counterparts.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I was watching Mai-Hime not too long ago and during episode 14, I saw myself. Not myself literally, but some random black/deeply tanned character walking up a hill. I paused it because black characters aren't exactly abundant in anime and I was caught off guard. When I did, though, I noticed the guy looked a lot like me.

Dare to compare

I now ask all of ANN to share your anime counterparts. A lot of us have seen a lot of anime and so some of you must have spotted yourself at least once while watching a show. Perhaps there's a character that, once you think about it, really does look like you when you stand back 5 feet and squint with your glasses off. Hell, maybe some of us can find your counterpart.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Ha ha, that's hilarious! Talk about your "Separated at Birth?" moment! I wish I could share a similar discovery, but as of yet I have not encountered a tall, balding, paunchy, middle-aged Caucasian dude in anime who I resemble. If I ever do, I'll come running to this thread, rest assured.

On a somewhat related note, does anybody know if there is a "Show a Picture of Yourself!" thread somewhere in ANN? I love the idea of being able to put faces to nics.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if there is anime character that looks like me, however, several have traits I share with them. I share similarities with the various perverts of ecchi anime. I relate to Sasuke Uchiha in having a negative outlook on life. I relate to Hidan in the fact I have an issue with saying crude words and using profanity.
Ralifar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
That is pretty funny. You do look very similar to that guy King of Harts. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone that looked like me in an anime; I'd be interested to know if anyone else has seen someone that looked like me. I just posted a new picture of my self in the intro thread earlier today.

Speaking of pictures and the intro thread, that's the only place I've seen people posting pictures of themselves. I suppose it's never too late to start one if you want Blood.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Blood- how does this look? He's not balding, but he's tall and paunchy.

Ralifar: I think Mr. Kimura from Azumanga fits this picture pretty well. Open your mouth and I think it's perfect. Whatdaya think?
Quote:
On a somewhat related note, does anybody know if there is a "Show a Picture of Yourself!" thread somewhere in ANN? I love the idea of being able to put faces to nics.

People can/supposed to do it in the intro thread, but you could probably start one in the Community thread.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ralifar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I think that I hate the government because I can't &#^%ing look at that picture because the website is blocked.

Holy crap. Why is every single website that has a picture of Mr. Kimura blocked for me. I can't wait until I'm back in the states.

I've seen the show before, but it's been a really long time.

*Edit*
Thanks for changing the link. I could probably pull him off if I grew my hair back out a little longer. I even have a pair of glasses that are almost exactly like that.

Last edited by Ralifar on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quote
LMAO

That guy DOES look quite a bit like you, King.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:22 pm Reply with quote
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=90658463&albumID=1364286&imageID=13841877

Taken from a car show in downtown Phoenix in Nov. 2006. This is a concept car called the Chrysler M(id)E(engine)12. Now if someone knows an anime character that remotely resembles me in this almost 3-year-old picture, I am all ears.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Not even close, KoH. I've got chubby cheeks and a double chin. Geez, I just realize what kind of word picture I've painted of myself in this thread.

Ladies, I know you must be severely turned on right now, but try to form an orderly line... Laughing
Koji98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I'd say that me from two years ago looked almost exactly like one of otaku "bukimi guys" characters from Di Gi Charat, except taller and skinnier. Now, still pretty close except my hair has grown out and I got a beard.
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3474/mebukimi.jpg
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm photogenically retarded and my letter jacket is about three sizes too big but dare to compare myself to Alty from Simoun. It was pretty close, I think, and no, I don't have a sister complex, I don't have a sister Wink.

My eyes are actually blue, even though you can't tell because the are partially shut (it was really windy.)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Yep, that's another good match, sailorsara08. Now I'm feeling all left out that I don't have an anime doppelganger (that I know of). Shocked
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quote
If I were 5 years older and if were to grow my hair, my counterpart would be Bennyfrom Black Lagoon. My eyebrow is a bit thicker, our eye color matches, but my hair might be a bit darker.
Don't worry, in 5 years time I'll let my hair grow and post back. Oh yeah, we both love our babies(computer); I just wouldn't let anyone else touch it.
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Not even close, KoH. I've got chubby cheeks and a double chin. Geez, I just realize what kind of word picture I've painted of myself in this thread.

Have you seen School Rumble because you could be the leader of the pervert club! Sorry, it was the first thing to come to mind with your boob obsession, even if he isn't caucasian. Now you can at least claim a spiritual connection.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Ha ha, good call on my spiritual resemblance to the leader of the pervert club in School Rumble, sarah! Okay, peeps, I posted a few pix in the Introduction thread, so let me know if you've come across my anime counterpart somewhere.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39486&start=1245
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2