• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Toradora! & PERSONA -trinity soul- Pre-Orders Start Today

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote
I am going to buy Toradora. I hope it gets a dub one day.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:14 am Reply with quote
I am going to buy Toradora! as well. But no need to pre-order it right away. Doesn't come out for 4 months.

I'm also curious to how the packaging is going to be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quote
well, ZenErik, you can bet that they will guage interest based on preorders, so I went ahead and put one in for T!. Especially for this company just getting it to the anime side of the business... we have to show them the interest, ideally.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
ArthurFrDent wrote:
well, ZenErik, you can bet that they will guage interest based on preorders, so I went ahead and put one in for T!. Especially for this company just getting it to the anime side of the business... we have to show them the interest, ideally.

I will be pre-ordering, but I'd rather wait until a few weeks before the release when RightStuf will likely mark it down to about 35 dollars.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Takeyo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Given all the unknowns about NIS America's anime releases, I'd just as soon get my order in as soon as possible rather than risk being at the end of the queue if demand ends up outweighing supply (but I'm a worrier).

BTW, Bob's Anime Corner Store is listing the first set at $40. How does that work for you?
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I have never purchased from that site, but I've heard good things. Does that include shipping?
Sarkozy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
ZenErik wrote:
I have never purchased from that site, but I've heard good things. Does that include shipping?

I measured which would be the best option, as I'm buying both Toradora and Persona TS and here's what is came down to:

$96 (w/ free shipping since I spent over $50) - RightStuf
$90 (w/ shipping (no free shipping unless you spend $99), or if you want absolute cheapest shipping, $87) - RACS

Of course since you are just getting Toradora, you can pick either one but you'll be paying more-or-less the same. I went with the company I've trusted for many years now, worth the extra cost and peace of mind, that being TRSI.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Sarkozy wrote:
ZenErik wrote:

I measured which would be the best option, as I'm buying both Toradora and Persona TS and here's what is came down to:

$96 (w/ free shipping since I spent over $50) - RightStuf
$90 (w/ shipping (no free shipping unless you spend $99), or if you want absolute cheapest shipping, $87) - RACS

Of course since you are just getting Toradora, you can pick either one but you'll be paying more-or-less the same. I went with the company I've trusted for many years now, worth the extra cost and peace of mind, that being TRSI.

I have a Got Anime membership. So it'd be Almost 10 dollars off the RightStuf order. You might want to think about getting one. Plus there may be a $5 dollar off Got Anime coupon or something similar when you pre-order.

EDIT: There is currently a $4 off a purchase of $67 or more.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I preordered both last night and with my Got Anime membership and the $4.00 off coupon, each set came out to $41.39. Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Such a shame Toradora doesn't have an English audio track. One of the very, very few masterpieces of the 2000 decade. Quite the magnificent masterpiece and I enjoyed every episode and ova.

But I've been purchasing NIS games for several years now, so its not like I don't understand the situation NIS is in. Have to shell out money to make money and that isn't always possible or even logical.

Maybe sometime in the future Toradora will receive the much needed English audio track. I would have purchased Toradora on the spot if there actually was an English audio though.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:21 am Reply with quote
One more disappointment that I failed to mention. The fact that it is 13 episodes on 2 discs. Personally, I would much prefer that be spread across 3 or 4 discs for a potentially better transfer.

But I guess 7 episodes on one disc may be doable because of the lack of 2 audio tracks. The English track on a lot of anime releases these days seems to be 5.1 too. Which takes up that much more space.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1