• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
So what does everyone think about ~Corpse Princess~

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Well it comes out in Spetember dubbed by funimation. Box set 1 and 2 are being released on the same day. What does everyone think about this show? Is it any good? I haven't't seen it yet but I will be buying it when it comes out because I like horror/supernatural animes.
Shichimi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen the first ep over at FUNi's YT channel, and it looked kinda cool from that first impression. It seemed quite well animated, and the premise is an interesting one. I'd also be interested to see what others think of the show, and if the action stands up.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I've seen all episodes of both series and I love it. Good action, some nifty plot stuff, interesting characters, decent humour (although I know some folks disagree with that, but it worked for me) and just all-round coolness. Will definitely add to my collection.
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to get this!!!! It comes out in the middle of September.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote
It's an above average action/drama/horror show. It was I think Gainax's darkest work so far and unlike most things from Gainax I really don't have many bad things to say about it. Except spoiler[that the ending is too inconclusive for my tastes. It needs a movie or a 3rd season.] I'll also be picking it up though I most likely will wait until the next Funimation sale at Rightstuf though considering there's just a giant @$$ load of stuff from them I want all coming out within a few months. A least 9 sets, and Bandai and Section 23 are also releasing stuff during that time period. I'm probabally going to go broke. Anime cry
swienke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I love this series. Sure, the ending is mediocre at best and the fan-service can be fairly annoying (to me, anyway), but the action, animation, characters and general plot are very well done. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I enjoyed it until the end. The ending was just way too abrupt for me. There NEEDS to be something extra done.

Overall though I thought it was a solid action series with decent drama and interesting characters. Just don't go into expecting everyone to make it to the end.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:07 am Reply with quote
I watched this simulcasted and I liked it. But I don't remember the ending all to well, it was a cliffhanger or something. There is an episode 26 though, which I haven't seen since its DVD only. When I get a more stable job I'm getting the sets.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 26 will do nothing to help. Focuses on something else entirely.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I saw the first two or three episodes and thought that it was another show brought down by a completely boring and bland protagonist. If the show actually focused on the Shikabane-hime, it could be interesting, but the little boy who takes the main stage in the first few episodes at least is not interesting in the least to watch.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Shikabane Hime is an interesting show and with cool Gainax animation. A somewhat enjoyable story but it is a dark, horror type series. What I liked most about the series was its music, I plan to pick up the soundtrack.

Megiddo, there is plenty of story/action involving the Shikabane and Shikabane Hime in the series...and the 'kid' is an important part of the series which comes to a fuller understanding later on in the series.
swienke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I saw the first two or three episodes and thought that it was another show brought down by a completely boring and bland protagonist. If the show actually focused on the Shikabane-hime, it could be interesting, but the little boy who takes the main stage in the first few episodes at least is not interesting in the least to watch.

I'll admit that Ouri is a bit of a bland character, but he gets more interesting as time goes on. However, if you had watched more than the first 2 or 3 episodes, you'd also realize that the series focuses a lot more on the different Hime as time goes on, and becomes all the better for it. The one episode in particular focusing on Itsuki and her partner nearly made me cry with it's wistful portrayal of a relationship doomed from the start, which is something that not many anime can do to me.
Mister V

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:14 am Reply with quote
I was going in circles around the thread, because the name seemed vaguely familiar. So it's Shikabane Hime we're talking about. I like it a lot, actually - it needs a third season or a couple of OVAs to
I like the fact that they're using the "Buddhist sects with dark secrets" plot. Some sects do have a pretty unsavoury reputation in Japan and outside, and it somehow makes this monster-smashing very Japanese, and somewhat more believable than usual.

Somehow I don't remember any fan-service, it might be my selective memory at work. Confused I did like Senjougahara... er... her corpse princess equivalent, anyway.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quote
The ending wasn't up my alley, but I enjoyed the series a lot. I think the characters were well done and the action was well executed.
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow his show is getting better reply's than I thought it would! I can't wait to buy this on September 14th both box sets. Also Halo Reach comes out that exact same day. I will be getting that too!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3