• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime of Bleach Manga Story Airs 1 Day After Printing

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:48 am Reply with quote
So... movie prologue manga chapter, movie prologue anime episode, then movie. Well, I think that's a first.
Very interesting. I hope this movie feels more intriguing once I look into it. I have yet to see the second or third movies through either legal or illegal means. Character-centric movies around characters I don't care for don't really thrill me all that much. IMO, the first Bleach movie is the only one that has done it right so far. Let's hope Hell Chapter (Arc?) can pull it off.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote
The manga special was in last week's issue, the article seems to imply that it's this week's issue.

It was an interesting side chapter and immediately answers the question of what actually happens when a hollow dies (rather than being forced away like in the first season of the anime/manga volume). Curious where it's supposed to take place in the series since it borderlines on canon (Kubo was involved in some of the story). Doesn't seem like there would be time during the Arrancar arc and it can't take place during spoiler[the 17 month time jump] without some serious creative writing. Time will tell.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
The manga special was in last week's issue, the article seems to imply that it's this week's issue.

The issue with the manga prologue officially shipped on Monday. Unofficially…yeah, that's another matter.
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Curious where it's supposed to take place in the series since it borderlines on canon (Kubo was involved in some of the story).

As far as I know Kubo was just involved with designing Hell (makes sense, since it was already mentioned in canon) and the new characters.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Emerje wrote:

The issue with the manga prologue officially shipped on Monday. Unofficially…yeah, that's another matter.

My mistake then, I honestly can't keep track. How do these get out nearly a week early?

mufurc wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Curious where it's supposed to take place in the series since it borderlines on canon (Kubo was involved in some of the story).

As far as I know Kubo was just involved with designing Hell (makes sense, since it was already mentioned in canon) and the new characters.

The Bleach Wiki says he was involved in the planning and scenario stage. I don't think I'm wrong in saying he was involved in some of the story.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
braves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Additionally, the site credits him as doing "製作指揮", which I guess means "Production Direction"? So yeah, planning and helping out with the story.

I still don't know why anybody originally entered his name as "kubotite" on the ANN encyclopedia.

EDIT: Looks like the ANN encyclopedia merges "Production Direction" to "Production Director".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1