Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, August 5-11


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11692
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
AOT strong as ever I see not that I'm too surprised about that. On another note, it's also nice to see Initial D and Kuroko's Basketball there as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kutsu



Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Posts: 570
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
AOT volume 1 will reach the 2 million mark in 2 weeks and it's still selling well on a weekly basis. Impressive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pykrete



Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
46,132 - average per volume (1-8) since the premiere (18 weeks); 14 weeks remaining

764022, 192867 - Vol. 11 regular, special edition

1478666, 30404 - Vol. 10
1503636, 25712

838801
819181 - Vol. 7
822421
827955
820053
823385
829185
842670 - Vol. 1

10369975 - Shingeki 2013 regular edition sales (Oricon)

17m+ - series overall Oricon reported sales, regular edition only
23m+ - series overall reported printed copies


Milestone - 10 million sold in 2013

Its anime still has 7 episodes left, so we'll probably see Volumes 1-8 each sell a million copies in 2013.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrowLia



Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 5407
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I know Bleach is well past it's heyday, but I expected this volume to sell more than that, it covers one of the best mini arcs Kubo has done in years and actually gives the series a 180 degree turn.

Otherwise, pretty neat seeing Titan, AoEx and KuroBas are doing so well.


Last edited by CrowLia on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
mierin



Joined: 03 Jul 2012
Posts: 270
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Millenium Snow! I knew the serialization had started again, but I haven't bought the magazines lately...

Maybe I'll go and buy this volume. I wonder if there are any chances the English version will continue to be released again now that series is off hiatus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Momokochan



Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
awww snap!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 3514
Location: earth
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
AOT strong as ever I see not that I'm too surprised about that. On another note, it's also nice to see Initial D and Kuroko's Basketball there as well.


I don't think they like that number of AOT. According to ANN, They printed 1.85 millions copy this time. That's like 1.1m unsold copies.
I hope it will have One Piece like number in the second week.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-27/attack-on-titan-manga-no.11-gets-1.85-million-1st-printing

CrowLia wrote:
I know Bleach is well past it's heyday, but I expected this volume to sell more than that, it covers one of the best mini arcs Kubo has done in years and actually gives the series a 180 degree turn.

Otherwise, pretty neat seeing Titan, AoEx and KuroBas are doing so well.


Bleach is around 550- 600k per/vol nowadays. People are still buying it, it's just on the first week. It's still consider very good. Anybody would kill for those number.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kutsu



Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Posts: 570
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Is the special edition included in the 1.85 million copies which were printed ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grooven



Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 1392
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see something surpass One Piece for once!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrowLia



Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 5407
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:


CrowLia wrote:
I know Bleach is well past it's heyday, but I expected this volume to sell more than that, it covers one of the best mini arcs Kubo has done in years and actually gives the series a 180 degree turn.

Otherwise, pretty neat seeing Titan, AoEx and KuroBas are doing so well.


Bleach is around 550- 600k per/vol nowadays. People are still buying it, it's just on the first week. It's still consider very good. Anybody would kill for those number.


I know that, I never said it wasn't a good number. Even if it's not reaching the millions anymore, half a million copies per volume is enviable to say the least. But I sort of hoped/expected that a particularly good volume like this one would get a spike in sales. Just a baseless hope of mine or something like that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 8256
Location: IL
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
Glad to see something surpass One Piece for once!

Way behind One Piece still. It remains unsurpassed as far as ongoing manga sales go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pykrete



Joined: 24 Apr 2013
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
AOT strong as ever I see not that I'm too surprised about that. On another note, it's also nice to see Initial D and Kuroko's Basketball there as well.


I don't think they like that number of AOT. According to ANN, They printed 1.85 millions copy this time. That's like 1.1m unsold copies.
I hope it will have One Piece like number in the second week.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-27/attack-on-titan-manga-no.11-gets-1.85-million-1st-printing


AOT Volume 9 was released on August 9. This comic ranking is for August 5-11.

That's just August 9, 10, 11 (3 days) worth of sales for AOT 9.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TonyTonyChopper



Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 256
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:55 am Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
Glad to see something surpass One Piece for once!
lol look at the numbers buddy but if someone can beat One Piece in his second week it's Titan it derserves it but still first week sales are more importand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
meeedoooz



Joined: 03 Aug 2013
Posts: 37
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:57 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
AOT strong as ever I see not that I'm too surprised about that. On another note, it's also nice to see Initial D and Kuroko's Basketball there as well.


I don't think they like that number of AOT. According to ANN, They printed 1.85 millions copy this time. That's like 1.1m unsold copies.
I hope it will have One Piece like number in the second week.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-27/attack-on-titan-manga-no.11-gets-1.85-million-1st-printing


they never plan for all the printed copies to be sold right away. one piece gets 4 million copies printed per volume even though it sells 3.2M at best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigivel



Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 536
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:40 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:


I don't think they like that number of AOT. According to ANN, They printed 1.85 millions copy this time. That's like 1.1m unsold copies.
I hope it will have One Piece like number in the second week.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-27/attack-on-titan-manga-no.11-gets-1.85-million-1st-printing


When talking of volumes, a durable book version that is bought all year long and even after that, prints are made in order for the respective volume to have the minimum number of reprints and minimum risk of not selling some of them.
Reprints mean more money spent in production(Only spending that money one time is the preferable). Not selling all copies means money loss.
In the case of Attack of Titan, the current average number of copies sold per volume is 1.6 million and the sales have constantly increased, so putting the volume copies a little more than average is a good method to see how much the readership increased without having to reprint immediately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group