• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Karneval (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Karneval (TV)
Genres: Action, Mystery, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Shoujo

Plot Summary:

Nai searches for someone important to him, with only an abandoned bracelet as a clue. Gareki steals and pick-pockets to get by from day to day. The two meet in a strange mansion where they are set-up, and soon become wanted criminals by military security operatives. When Nai and Gareki find themselves desperate in a hopeless predicament, they encounter none other than the country's most powerful defense organization, "Circus". The Circus is a Defense organization that works for the government. They perform raids to capture criminals and solve crimes that the Security force otherwise cannot handle. After their raids, they put on shows as an apology for scaring the citizens. Their group consists of the strongest, most capable fighters that use a special type of bracelet, known as Circus I.D., to fight.

Episode 1
Half of the first episode came out and definitely seemed interesting so far by the preview episode. I was definitely looking forward to this series a fan of the manga. Anyways, the first half of the episode had some tense moments and gave me that sort of fantasy-like feeling. One of the women in the first episode definitely has some strange features when she manipulated her body like that. I also liked Gareki's voice so definitely not a bad start so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
Nai is definitely giving me some Silver King vibes. This looks like it might be interesting, but one episode isn't much to go on. It only took two words at the last second for me to notice that Mamoru Miyano is in this one. His character, Yogi, should be amusing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Circus styled bishies. I will be watching this for my seasonal dose of Josei anime, they don't tend to be my favourites, and I tend to drop them, but this may be interesting.

Got to say I have not often got the feeling of a guy being treated like a piece of meat quite like when creepy woman was on top of Nai. I get strange feelings looking at him, argh, the girly face is messing with my head. Need to focus on the girls. That one girl kind of reminded me of Niche from Letter Bee.

The neck thing was freaky, but I plan watching some more.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I like the characters in this anime.
Their design is really nice ^^
The story is pretty good too.
Lots of action, mystery and interesting plot twists.
Will be watching this one!
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote
I had high hopes for this when I first heard about it, but that quickly died after reading it's incredibly boring manga :/ The first episode did seem a little more fast paced than the manga though, so maybe they'll cut out all the boring bulls***. If they do, I'll keep watching :p Even if it's clearly a series made for pleasing the female audience
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:04 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
That one girl kind of reminded me of Niche from Letter Bee.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Roda? That's who she reminded me of, at least if we're talking about the same character, which I'm pretty sure we are.

I figured this one would be a bishie showcase but checked it out anyway, because often synopses and PVs aren't very good to go by. Although it didn't defy my expectations to such an extent that I feel irresistibly compelled to continue watching it to the bitter end, I did find myself enjoying it much more than I thought I would. With all the action, it didn't get many chances to fill me in on who's who and what's going on, but the action scenes seemed purposeful and coherent, while what exposition there was didn't seem noticeably awkward. It was also fairly nice looking in terms of art and animation, and I'm glad they went with modest undergarments rather than "The Void" as the means of avoiding typical pantyshots. All in all, it seems more than good enough to give it a couple more episodes before I decide whether or not to stick with it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote
Parse Error wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
That one girl kind of reminded me of Niche from Letter Bee.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Roda? That's who she reminded me of, at least if we're talking about the same character, which I'm pretty sure we are.

To be honest I just did not want to go through all the effort of actually looking up Roda's name, so I just decided to say Niche instead since she is similar enough with colour scheme and stuff. But yes I meant Roda, thank you for making me reveal how lazy I am. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:35 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
thank you for making me reveal how lazy I am

I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to be evil, it just comes naturally.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:05 am Reply with quote
Hmm, not sure about this one. Not a fan of fey, soft-spoken, white-haired boys. I'll give it a few more eppies but this may be an Eventual Drop for me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 2
Okay well, the OP song is catchy imo with the artistic backgrounds. I might not skip this OP song after all.

Otherwise, I see that Nai is still looking for Karoku. It does seem like he's in a bit of a trouble though on the streets during that festival..damn.

Also, I thought spoiler[Tsukumo's performance (even though it was short) was beautiful. Yogi's appearance was bit both humorous and epic imo. CIRCUS.]

Anyways, the episode was alright; wasn't too exciting but got that sort of mystical vibe to it. The fight was kinda lame though but I like the atmosphere of this series still so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:09 am Reply with quote
Nai really is a clueless kid.
Gareki seems to be the brooding type.
Yogi made quite an entrance.
At least he's a nice face to look at.
Well, they all are (^-^)
Involvement of the Circus certainly made things interesting.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Perhaps I am being harsh but I just thought there was some issues with transition. Like how in once scene Gareki is telling Nai not to move, and then we get back to him he is suddenly in the middle of the square getting food from some girl, it kind of confused me.

Yogi was alright, but I was not rally into the apparent humour of him in that outfit. It is no question that the characters are incredibly powerful, Yogi was able to fly or something to the ship, but the two of them seemed a little outclassed by the enemies that did not even look that tough. And I don't even see the point of the hide and seek thing, it was obvious that Gareki was not going to comply with it anyway, wouldn't it have been best to tell him the truth rather than play some BS game that would make him embarrassed to even be around it?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

spoiler[Felt sorry for Nai.
Gareki was being too rough with him.
Probably because they figured out he wasn't really human.
It was really sweet how he sees a cute little animal when he looks at Nai.
Nai truly is stuck to him like a pet.
Looks like joining the Karneval was a good thing for both of them.
Well, at least for now. Hope they won't use and abuse them too much.]
Funnycupcakes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:01 am Reply with quote
I personaliy think that each Karneval episode starts of a bit well how can i put this.. normal..? Then it gets exciting at the end like in episode 3 spoiler[when Gareki (Is that how you spell it) Gets attacked by those black things. And Nai was taken to be tested because they think he is this animal (That is really cute) :3]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Kind of lol at Gareki spoiler[imagining all the Nai bits with him in cute animal form].

Although one could think Gareki is blown away by Nai's cuteness.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2