• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Time of Eve Staff Holds Pale Cocoon/Aquatic Language Release Poll

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beized

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
The unanimous response to this was to delay the release to January, and have Pale Cocoon/Aquatic Language added onto a separate DVD. Seriously, over 300 comments and I didn't see a single one that didn't say "Delay this till January so we can get Pale Cocoon/Aquatic Language on physical media".
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Beized wrote:
The unanimous response to this was to delay the release to January, and have Pale Cocoon/Aquatic Language added onto a separate DVD. Seriously, over 300 comments and I didn't see a single one that didn't say "Delay this till January so we can get Pale Cocoon/Aquatic Language on physical media".

I wouldn't say that it is unanimously for a separate DVD release, but it is pretty close - people really don't care as long as the final product is the definitive release.
Beized

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
FlamingFirewire wrote:
Beized wrote:

I wouldn't say that it is unanimously for a separate DVD release, but it is pretty close - people really don't care as long as the final product is the definitive release.

Yeah, I suppose as far as the DVD/On Blu-ray thing is concerned the opinions was more "whatever, either way". Still, whether its on the Blu-ray or on another disk, it's nice to have a physical copy you can show someone, rather than a download link. Definitely worth the wait.

On that note actually, the reason they put that up for a vote was because of concerns of SD footage having trouble playing back correctly on Blu-ray. Is that a common problem?
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
I didn't think that it was a common problem. They should have just put it all on the Blu-ray. And why couldn't they just upscale it?
pluvia33

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, no matter if it's a separate DVD or on the Blu-ray as an extra, I must have this! Money is tight, but I've gone ahead and committed my $55. I just can't pass it up.

I'd actually like to thank ANN for covering this Kickstarter as much as they have. I would have never known about it otherwise.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote
Pledging to Time of Eve, is my first kickstart pledge. I have pledged for the new Chris Roberts game, star citizen, but that was through his website.

I hope this shows them that a sequel to Time of Eve would be a good idea, there is still much to the story to tell.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
pluvia33 wrote:
I'd actually like to thank ANN for covering this Kickstarter as much as they have. I would have never known about it otherwise.

Ditto. I was originally going to go for the $55 tier, then decided on the $100 tier, instead. Just switched over to the $125 tier a few hours ago to receive the coffee cup and saucer. Saw this movie on the 13th and really liked the animation. Really looking forward to the Blu-ray package arriving early next year and watching it again, as the theatre had received the wrong version, with just the Japanese audio track (no sub-titles).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
It's now surpassed Kick-Heart's total sum, and from an unbelievably lower starting goal.
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
It's now surpassed Kick-Heart's total sum, and from an unbelievably lower starting goal.

Not yet. Kick-Heart made more than 201K
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:34 am Reply with quote
I thought it was 203k but ether way it's abover 204k. This is fantastic to see with 8 hours still to go!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
Stepppingoui wrote:

Kickheart – $201,164
Eve no Jikan – $204,885 (with some 8 hours remaining)

Do we have differing ideas of what is more than what, or are you referencing money from elsewhere that's not displayed on the Kickstarter pages? Even when I posted before, the number at that time was still higher than for Eve.
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:29 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Stepppingoui wrote:

Kickheart – $201,164
Eve no Jikan – $204,885 (with some 8 hours remaining)
Do we have differing ideas of what is more than what, or are you referencing money from elsewhere that's not displayed on the Kickstarter pages? Even when I posted before, the number at that time was still higher than for Eve.

Yeah, I was thinking about one of the posts I saw in the comments section that gave a link to Kick-Heart doing around 203k and they continued to take pledges until March of this year. I am glad to see Time of Eve succeeded in such a fantastic way and I am looking forward to receiving my rewards next year. I have not decided yet if I will be using the canister to store hot chocolate or just leave it empty I guess I will know when I receive it.

A thank you video as been posted and in the video it says a soundtrack CD will now be included with the Blu-rays http://vimeo.com/68905388
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1