• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Madoka Magica Film to Play in U.S., Canada, France in 2013

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Looks like my prayer has been answered...

So that contract I signed really works.

Reason #6581 why I love living in New York...

Last edited by ColonelYao47 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
YAY!

I was really hoping for it, and since I live in San Francisco (one of the first 5 cities to get the movie) I'm sure it's coming here!
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
And now I just have to hope it comes somewhere close to where I live. If it'll be in Indianapolis like the first 2 movies, i'll be very happy.
hpulley

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Effing right! We need the Ontario contingent of ANN to make a pilgrimage to what I assume will be a Toronto showing though she showed the earlier films even in Waterloo so you never know!
jet_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
My worst fear came true.
As a Madoka fan not living in U.S., Canada or France, this is painful.
Bracing myself for the massive amount of spoilers that'll be all over the internet..
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeeeeeeeesssssss, I'm very happy to see this. I figured this would happen, but confirmation and the 2013 part are nice. I figure its a safe bet it will be at the Alamo Drafthouse I went to for the first two movies. If anything, I'd expect a wider range of locations as interest in this one should be higher.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:56 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
My worst fear came true.
Bracing myself for the massive amount of spoilers that'll be all over the internet..

Just avoid all Madoka discussions and forums. You have to be careful with stuff like this. If you ever even see a discussion of the series or bluray release, just don't check the comments.
jet_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
jet_ wrote:
My worst fear came true.

Just avoid all Madoka discussions and forums. You have to be careful with stuff like this. If you ever even see a discussion of the series or bluray release, just don't check the comments.

There exists people who spoil stuff outside of discussions about it, you know.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
My worst fear came true.

Did you really think you could avoid spoilers if the movie stayed in Japan? There are plenty of people in Japan that are on internet anime forums, including English-speaking ones. Spoilers are going to be all over the internet the day the movie releases in Japan. Just smart about what you click on.

I saw the original Madoka series without having any idea of what it was about, other than everyone was talking about how great it is. More recently, I also completely avoided Evangelion 3.0 spoilers. It's not that hard to avoid spoilers if you avoid every Madoka-based thread, website, and comment section on the internet.
jet_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
StormSky92 wrote:
jet_ wrote:
My worst fear came true.

Did you really think you could avoid spoilers if the movie stayed in Japan? There are plenty of people in Japan that are on internet anime forums, including English-speaking ones. Spoilers are going to be all over the internet the day the movie releases in Japan. Just smart about what you click on.

I saw the original Madoka series without having any idea of what it was about, other than everyone was talking about how great it is. More recently, I also completely avoided Evangelion 3.0 spoilers. It's not that hard to avoid spoilers if you avoid every Madoka-based thread, website, and comment section on the internet.

I trust you know the amount of spoilers that appears after an "international" premiere than after a Japan premiere is huge.
Avoiding spoilers that rise from Japanese forums is much easier than avoiding English spoilers that rise from sites like Tumblr, 4chan, Facebook and Twitter.
This is from what I've seen so far though. It could be different this time, who knows?

I'll try to do my best at avoiding spoilers, but I'll still hate Aniplex forever for doing this. I know getting the movie to more countries costs money, but this way only a part of the overseas fandom gets to enjoy the movie first-hand.
Winterbunny12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Ahh, what wonderful news! I loved watching the first two movies on the big screen, just the whole scenerio was like watching it for the first time all over again. Please come back to Pittsburgh!
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
StormSky92 wrote:
jet_ wrote:
My worst fear came true.

I trust you know the amount of spoilers that appears after an "international" premiere than after a Japan premiere is huge.
Avoiding spoilers that rise from Japanese forums is much easier than avoiding English spoilers that rise from sites like Tumblr, 4chan, Facebook and Twitter.
This is from what I've seen so far though. It could be different this time, who knows?

I'll try to do my best at avoiding spoilers, but I'll still hate Aniplex forever for doing this. I know getting the movie to more countries costs money, but this way only a part of the overseas fandom gets to enjoy the movie first-hand.

Hating Aniplex forever because they took the effort to get Madoka out to the widest audience possible, effectively eliminating any effect piracy would have had had they waited until after the Japanese BD release.

Yup, makes sense.
jet_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
jet_ wrote:
StormSky92 wrote:
jet_ wrote:
My worst fear came true.

Hating Aniplex forever because they took the effort to get Madoka out to the widest audience possible, effectively eliminating any effect piracy would have had had they waited until after the Japanese BD release.

Yup, makes sense.

I know it doesn't make any sense, I'm just expressing my anger over not living in a country who doesn't hate anime.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Time to see if being Meguca really is suffering.
ketsune

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
oh great, france is, like, an hour with car from my place, but i haven't spoken french in years... will it have english subs?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2