• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 3rd Madoka Magica Film's Story Outlined

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[So…it's basically picking up where the series (& presumably, the films) ended? If that's so, 1) will it be canon? And 2) I hope it turns out as awesome as it could be. Smile]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I bloody hope this gets released in the UK. We didn't get a screening of the first two...

Sam Murai wrote:
spoiler[So…it's basically picking up where the series (& presumably, the films) ended? If that's so, 1) will it be canon? And 2) I hope it turns out as awesome as it could be. Smile]

1) Yes, it's a sequel.
2) Yes, it's canon.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote
^
That's nice to know. Damn, I can't wait for this to debut in screen soon. I guess it would need to wait a few months after that for BD's though...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hellfish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
While I am glad Sayaka is back I want to know how will they be able to justify it.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote
The previous films weren't shown in the UK, so doubt this will. Crying or Very sad
Hope we don't have the usual 6-8 months wait for a DVD/BD release!
I don't think I can wait until next summer!
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like what the next chapter in the story would be, and I'm dearly praying for Kyubey's comeuppance...
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like a movie I'd like to see! I saw the anime, but have yet to watch the movies. I suppose I'll watch the movies and then watch the 3rd when it comes local Smile
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
So something we kind of already know...
nechronius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Sayaka - spoiler[Rely heavily on pre-death flashbacks], that's one way how.

Kyubei - Comeuppance for... ? spoiler[Madoka effectively "reforms" Kyubei when she sacrifices herself, basically erasing everything he ever was or essentially "killing" what he was], so not sure what the point would be, honestly.

Kyubei's eyes do make for some interesting but creepy background wallpaper on my iPhone though.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Sasukeuzi wrote:
So something we kind of already know...

My thoughts exactly. For anyone who didn't remember the short TV special that aired with the trailer: spoiler[the artists did say that Kyubey did/does go through an evolution. Whether this has anything to do with the "Rei-like" Kyubeys shown at the end of the second movie remains to be explained though.]
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote
nechronius wrote:
Kyubei - Comeuppance for... ? spoiler[Madoka effectively "reforms" Kyubei when she sacrifices herself, basically erasing everything he ever was or essentially "killing" what he was], so not sure what the point would be, honestly.

Actually, spoiler[Madoka's existence only affects how energy is gathered from humans. Before, unsuspecting humans needed to be directly altered into unwanted forms, and so his job essentially made him our "enemy" in an ethical sense. However, since energy is now collected externally from human emotions' effects on the world, both sides can work together for a slightly better goal and Kyuubey no longer needs to hide as much, nor do Magical Girls have a potential backlash when they find out about Kyuubey's intentions. Overall, his character is the exact same. He maximized efficiency and I wouldn't doubt for a second that, if he concluded there was a "better" way to harvest energy, he would abandon his current new stance and ally position to humans to obtain it.]
Particularly, if you don't mind spoilers obtained from the theater teaser trailer, spoiler[Kyuubey mentions in the trailer that there's something that exhibits the same, or similar, qualities as the "Witches" Homura told him about, bringing up the possibility that the previous conflict may return and/or that Kyuubey might have a particular interest in it.]

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. For anyone who didn't remember the short TV special that aired with the trailer: spoiler[the artists did say that Kyubey did/does go through an evolution. Whether this has anything to do with the "Rei-like" Kyubeys shown at the end of the second movie remains to be explained though.]

I pointed it out back on the TV special video article, too, but the "evolution" on the picture he went through has nothing to do with the plot and everything to do with the design team revising the designs. Specifically, the pink part of his "ear-arm-things" now covers more of space than before. If you want me to clarify, then I'll need to see the video again, so I can translate it directly, but I'm 100% sure of what I heard, considering I was thinking the same thing when he mentioned "evolution" and the TV personality questioned him about what he meant before he pointed out he was talking about revisions in the designs from the design team.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1