• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 2.22 to Run on Toonami on August 31

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I'd say the move to get The Clone Wars should be interesting, especially if they can get tapes to show the uncut version they put on DVD. I can see the anime purists will have their jimmies rustled though, and I will drink of their tears for sustenance.

As for 2.22 it seems to me an inevitable move. Maybe they can grab 3.33 before the disc release at this pace.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Is it Genndy's Clone Wars or that CG thing? The animated shorts were pretty cool.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Aren't there two completely different Clone Wars TV shows? Is this the decent 2003 series or the awful one that was done after?
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Aren't there two completely different Clone Wars TV shows? Is this the decent 2003 series or the awful one that was done after?

More than likely, it's this one:

Beaux10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first movie when it aired and I'll probably watch this one too. I love Evangelion and it does seem possible that an English premier of 3.33 could be done on Toonami, depending on how big the gap is between FUNimation's completion of the dubbing and the DVD release. I hope that it lives up to the previous two considering some of the mixed things I've heard about it so far...

As far as Star Wars: The Clone Wars goes, it's the new one. The original was just called Star Wars: Clone Wars. I would have greatly preferred the original, but I've heard that the series started getting better around the time I stopped watching so I might give it another shot.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Would FUNi want to premiere it on TV, or at a convention where they can upsell all of their other products? TV comes later for a reason.
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see it, here's hoping that they'll show the last two films.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I kinda felt like everything was lined up so that Eureka 7 AO would premier after E7 finished on Toonami so I'm a little disappointed. Nothing against Star Wars, seems like a nice addition to the block.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
I'd say the move to get The Clone Wars should be interesting, especially if they can get tapes to show the uncut version they put on DVD. I can see the anime purists will have their jimmies rustled though, and I will drink of their tears for sustenance.

As for 2.22 it seems to me an inevitable move. Maybe they can grab 3.33 before the disc release at this pace.
Lmfao? anyway the new Star Wars: The Clone Wars was crap since Toonami only get's to run on Sat at least keep it anime or give us Sat and Tue that be fair
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I was also one of the few people hoping that Eureka Seven AO would replace Eureka Seven. *crosses fingers that AO will eventually get on Toonami*
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
rootsofjustice wrote:

Lmfao? anyway the new Star Wars: The Clone Wars was crap since Toonami only get's to run on Sat at least keep it anime or give us Sat and Tue that be fair

Toonami was never just anime only. Never.

Clone Wars is actually good, especially the last few episodes that aired on CN
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
ShatteredWorld wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:
rootsofjustice wrote:

Shame Disney stepped in when they did. The footage they showed off for Season 6 was amazing. At least there's Rebels to look forward to next year (or at least I would if my cable provider still had Disney X D.)
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
ShatteredWorld wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:
rootsofjustice wrote:

Way back in the day very true but the lack of anime in 2007 is what killed it the last thing we need is for them to start puting more crap from CN on it first you get clone wars next you get ninjago and the end of Toonami all over again. Clone wars is fine i can live with it but i don't wanna see that become CN trend
Lynxikat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Would FUNi want to premiere it on TV, or at a convention where they can upsell all of their other products? TV comes later for a reason.

I would imagine that they would either premiere the English Dub at a con or at an actual theater.
TheGameNinja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
ShatteredWorld wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:
rootsofjustice wrote:

Way back in the day very true but the lack of anime in 2007 is what killed it the last thing we need is for them to start puting more crap from CN on it first you get clone wars next you get ninjago and the end of Toonami all over again. Clone wars is fine i can live with it but i don't wanna see that become CN trend

No, you are wrong. CN refusing to license new shows for the block and constantly shortening the lineup was what killed Toonami. It wasn't some accident or even something that happened naturally due to ratings. Toonami died because CN didn't want it anymore. Naruto was still pulling in some of CN's highest ratings even up until the end.

As for the special goodie, perhaps a release date/trailer for the DVD/BD?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4