• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
an anime for all seasons

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChevelleRocker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:47 pm Reply with quote
here is something fun to waste some time.i just got done watching the horrible movie,A Man For All Seasons, a while ago for school.So that sparked an idea...an anime for all seasons!heres' how it works,put down what anime you like to watch most during what season(i know this sounds stupid but follow me here).This is how it should go:

spring:Fullmetal Alchemist-spring is all about the rebirth of life,and what is fullmetal Alchemists main plot?bringing rebirth,so i thought it fit well.

summer-Paranoia Agent-honestly.....i really have no idea why,i just do.

fall-rahxephon-basically i started watching it in the fall and i just got used to it.

winter-wolfs rain-the whole end of the world,snowy desolate art style really reminds me of winter and why i love it so much.

so there it is, laugh if you will but i think its fun. Very Happy
remember love

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Alright,

Spring: Robotech or Gunparade March. Seeing how spring can be concider a love and beautiful season Robotech's love triangle seems to fit perfectly with season. I also choose Gunparade March because it also has a love story but I concider it a funny love story..So, I can't really choose between the two because one has a comedy side which I lvoe to laugh while the other is more a serious side and gives me another feeling of I guess pity for Rick Hunter and then happy when he choose the right girl.

Summer: Cowboy Bebop. Summer has always been an action type time for me and Cowboy Bebop has all the action I need in it to make summer even better. With all the fighting done through the show I feel like I had a nice summer eventful summer though I still like to go out and have some fun with out television, of course.

Fall: Paranoia Agent. I always think Halloween for the fall. And Paranoia Agent being one of those mysterious and spooky anime seems to fit just right. Though it doesn't fit for Thanksgiving it goes well on Halloween. And I like learning about how lil'slugger comes to be, so, that'll be my choose. And a good mystery somewhat horror show always is good for the fall when I'm already thinking of how the heck am I going to rake all these leaves up. Laughing

Winter: X. I know people are going to hate me for this one but the movie version not the series(haven't seen the series yet). But everyone hates the movie version and honestly I hate a lot of the elements in the movie but I also still love it and that's pretty much the ending. The ending gives me a feeling of Christmas again and I know everyone's going to find that strange but I have my personal reasons that doesn't need to be discussed. And every Christmas I play X . The music in the movie and some of the themes that were TRYING to be played out give me the same feeling Christmas does...mostly hope and sadness(only for Kamui though the rest of the characters I cared nothing about).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nani?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I'll do it--Why, it seems right.

Spring--RaXephon, why? it seems to exude young hopeful glowing energy. The main characters are mostly very young and it is a show ultimately about hope for the future, and this show ends on a hopeful note. Think new life, rebirth. Song of the Season--Hemiphere: Maya Saakamoto/Youko Kanno.

Summer--GTO-- You found your place and your rocking along, sure, thier's a challenge or two but nothing you can't handle with a sense of humor and a good attitude. Song of the Season: Hitori no Yono or Drivers High.

Fall--Macross 0-- The world is in conflict, and world we know can no longer be. The Sun is setting and the last small unspoiled pieces of the world are no longer prestine. Still there is beauty, in a leaf, or a mushroom cloud. Life is still prescious and worth living. What's more we're mature enough to value it, before it fades away. Song of the Season: Life Song.

Winter--Wolf's Rain--The world goes on, but with less and less vigor. Life looses meaning for all but a few, and the world slowly freezes over. That which is strong will be reborn in the coming spring. Song of the Season: "Tell Me What the Rain Knows" Maaya Saakamoto/Yoko Kanno.

All the Best,

Nani?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:43 am Reply with quote
Interesting, I've given this question some thought in the past. . .

Spring: Fruits Basket -- Tohru's infectious springy personality and the sadness-tinged happiness of FB make it a good choice, watch episode 8 again if you don't believe me.

Summer: Either Air or Please Teacher. Both take place in summer and make a big deal about it being summer. Air is even better, because it brings out many summer things that are very "Japanese" in nature. And besides, I have to respect Air for having a scene where spoiler[somebody dies in the middle of the day, with bright sun shining, as opposed to the darkness and rain that seems to conveniently accompany too many anime deaths.]

Fall: If you want to go down the scary route with some comedy, then Ghost Stories or Bleach can work--we started watching Bleach in our anime club last fall because of a Haloween theme night, and the first 16 episodes fit the theme appropriately. Ghost Stories, as we know from the ANN previews, is a great way to have a laugh at the expense of some monsters and the kids who pursue them.

Winter: Oddly enough, I'm 8 episodes away from finish Wolf's Rain at the moment, but I have some other "wintery" shows. to recommend Kanon is kind of like the "winter counterpart" to Air; made by the same production company, same emotional mood, but the landscape is snow-covered throughout the whole show. I haven't watched it yet, but maybe I'll take a look at Kita he ~ Diamond Dust Drops since it takes place in Hokkaido (or was that Hokkaidou?), the supposed cold northland of Japan.

For some reason, I always try to watch the 1985 movie Night on the Galactic Railroad every winter, though that's more related to one time when I watched it in the middle of the night at my parents' house, with a fiberoptic Christmas tree shining colored light off to the side. ~memories Rolling Eyes
Nani?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:49 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:

Winter: Oddly enough, I'm 8 episodes away from finish Wolf's Rain at the moment, but I have some other "wintery" shows.

Your coming right into the best part then. I want to see your other shows though.
A single Anime for all seasons is Haibane Renmei. It starts in spring and ends the next spring with the New Years Holiday being pivotal to the climax of the story.

All the Best,

Nani?
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:01 am Reply with quote
Spring: Something comical and cheery like Love Hina

Summer: Some good sports anime like Hungry Heart or Captain Tsubasa

Fall: Something heart-warming, or historical. I like Rurouni Kenshin for this season

Winter: Something tragical. X-CLAMP (ths series) works right.

And BTW, I'll stop saying Hiyah! Got tired of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I'll take the easy route and use the Di Gi Charat specials for the corsponding seasons.

Sping- Di Gi Charat Ohanami Special (Spring Special)

Summer- Di Gi Charat Summer Special

Fall- Damn, there isn't one for fall. I'll just use Leave it to Piyoko!, since it was recently released here and it's fall right now.

Winter- Di Gi Charat Christmas Special
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Spring: Sence love is in the air, Kannaduki no Miko fits here. Nothing like a shoujo-ai love story that involves Mecha.

Summer: Sence Summer is a busy mor most people, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Fall: Because of the events and festavles and holodays that fall around this time of year, what title is more fitting than a little taste of horror with Blood+

Winter: Cold Bitter, and normaly eather caotic or dry. Tragity seems to fall, but in the end A new love is born thus Tsubasa Croncles is my pick for winter.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Okay this topic has also gotten me interested. Heres my input.

Spring: Mai-HiME - Why you say? Well this anime packs some of the most interesting plot twists and cliffhangers that I've seen. Plot twists and characters just pop out during the entire series which reminds me of blossoming flowers. It could also be that the HiMEs of this series could also represent flowers. This is how I will explain it: The girls are the flowers, their feelings are what will blossom out of them and what they put first before everything is their beauty.

Summer: Rurouni Kenshin - Well its the summer and I had summer vacation. Apparently this was the only time I had available to fininsh watching the series. So now I am going to be watching 40+ episode series in the summer as thats when I have the most time. Well thats my half-assed answer here is my lengthy answer.

For me summer was a long and tiring journey for me. I had many problems and soo many questions about my future. This sorta parallels with Kenshin's long struggles during his journey (somewhat at least). Ehh I guess it wasn't that lengthy at least.

Fall: Don't really watch anime this time of year. Reason = adjusting from summer vacation to normal school life again.

Winter: .hack//SIGN - No reason at all except I found it that it put me to sleep which is what I want to see Santa Claus! Heh Heh Santa Claus! Also I don't know if anyone will recognize this but here I go:

"Happy Winter-een-mas!" (well at least when its officially winter but up here in Canada we already have snow, not sure about America though).

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ChevelleRocker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:53 pm Reply with quote
ah,wolfs rain,the single best anime ever created....strangely enough i enjoy watching my favorite anime during my fav. season.Another good winter show for me Big O,the reasons behind that are kinda personal though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1