• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime Details and Sites

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazuline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:08 am Reply with quote
I don't really follow the other series, but I've bought a couple volumes of "Black Lagoon" and can sum it up essentially as
:

An American action movie (die hard/lethal weapon) converted into manga form. The protagonist is a salary man that through a twist-of-fate becomes a crew member of a modern day pirate ship (consisting of a gun crazy tomboy, hacker college boy, and tough black guy -the usual staples). The story arcs rely heavily on the visual aspect (explosions galore) but all in all it should make a great anime if given a respectable budget and V.A. crew. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:14 am Reply with quote
So it IS based on the American film "The Creature from the Black Lagoon"? I'll wait until I've at least seen a trailer to decide, but that sounds like something I'll be skipping.

Girl's High School (a.k.a. High School Girls) on the other hand, may be interesting. I've neglected to pick up the manga, but it looks interesting. It seems to a slice of live manga/anime about a group of (suprise!) high school girls.

I glanced at the website for Eikyuu Alice Rondo, but I can't figure out anything about it. It looks like it may be loosely related to Alice in Wonderland, but I can't tell.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:08 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
So it IS based on the American film "The Creature from the Black Lagoon"? I'll wait until I've at least seen a trailer to decide, but that sounds like something I'll be skipping.

He was comparing it to American action films in general, it has nothing to do with that movie in particular. His description mentions no creature.

You better not be dissin' on The Creature though, man. He's...he's The Creature. >:|
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Hooray for more ninja comedy. Ninja comedy is teh rox. It's even better than that one ninja show everybody seems to like that's not comedic. Believe it. Cool
lavothas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:41 pm Reply with quote
i've been waiting in anticipation of "Black Lagoon" for ages i can't wait to see it when it comes out
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1