• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
North American Licenses

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Original "licensed" thread is here. It was getting messy between non-north american licenses, and north-american licenses.

The North American ones are obviously a priority, so this thread is exclusively for posts related to the R1 market.

Note: Posts will be deleted when they are handled. Its easier this way than the way we were doing it before.

Locking this Topic so it can be split into Adult / Non Adult. Will unsticky it when all the listed titles have been marked.

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Maiden of Deliverance (#4929) is licensed by Media Blasters, under their adult label Kitty Media. The proof is here and here.

Last edited by SekiGatha on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Viz Media's new licenses (source here):

Mar
Prince of Tennis
Zoids Genesis
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Jiburiru: The Devil Angel is licensed by JapanAnime. The proof is here.

Slutty-Princess Diaries is licensed by JapanAnime. The proof is here.

Wife With Wife is licensed by JapanAnime. The proof is here.

Sex Warrior Pudding is also licensed by JapanAnime, but only the third episode. The proof is here.

School of Bondage is also licensed by JapanAnime, but for only the Best episode. the proof is here.

TriAngle is licensed by Central Park Media, under their adult label Anime 18. The proof is here.

Pia Carrot 2 is licensed by Nutech Digital. The proof is [url=http://www.nutechdvd.com/itemdesc.asp?CartID={1583840E-D646-423B-A741-C136EEEVEREST63B0F1}&IC=0582]here[/url].

Slaves to Passion is licensed by The Right Stuf International, under their adult label Critical Mass. The proof is here.

Anyone You Can Do...I Can Do Better is licensed by The Right Stuf International, under their adult label Critical Mass. The proof is here.

Invasion of the Boobie Snatchers is licensed by Media Blasters, under their adult label Kitty Media. The proof is here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Kirameki Project is licensed by Media Blasters through the Anime Works label.

Source: http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/5148.php
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
My Brother's Wife is licensed by The Right Stuf International, under their adult label Critical Mass. The proof is here.

Rei Rei is licensed by The Right Stuf International, under their adult label Critical Mass. The proof is here.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:02 pm Reply with quote
All of Animac's currently listed titles (except The Gattsu) have been licensed by JapanAnime; only Secret Sex Stories is currently labeled as such. The proof is here.

Edit: Made two corrections.

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Mama is currently licensed by NuTech Digital; the proof is here.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote

Choubatsu Yobikou
has been licensed by Critical Mass; the proof is here and here.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
slerch666 wrote:
I recently emailed Media-Blasters/Kitty in regards to licensing the (LINK MAY NOT BE SAFE FOR WORK) Bible Black Only OVA series. They confirmed via email they have the license, which I copy and pasted here

Huzzah! And here's to hoping that we will get a Japanese-language soundtrack without fighting for it.

More proof here, here, and here at Milky (Not Safe For Work). Oh--presumably Media Blasters will wait until at least May to release it, since the second episode is not yet out.

Edit: Added link.
slerch666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:

Huzzah! And here's to hoping that we will get a Japanese-language soundtrack without fighting for it.

More proof here, here, and here at Milky (Not Safe For Work). Oh--presumably Media Blasters will wait until at least May to release it, since the second episode is not yet out.

Edit: Added link.

More than likely the reason John replied with "not sure when it will be released" is because of the second disc of "Only" that is being prepared for release in Japan.

And it's my understanding, now that they have "corrected" the issue with the Japanese language (2nd New Testament will have Japanese w/ subs, along with Japanese and subbed for the first 2 eps included), all of the Bible Black stuff will have both.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, FUNimation licenses Rumbling Hearts.

http://www.rumblinghearts.com/

Says it at the bottom of the page.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:48 am Reply with quote
Geneon has licensed Kamichu! and Ichigo Mashimaro.

Source: AnimeOnDVD

Quote:
Geneon License Announcements (02:08 AM EST): Maybe the hints were too easy for those familiar with the shows but based on what was posted yesterday about it, readers and Animenation seem to agree that Geneon has acquired the rights to Ichigo Marshmallow and Kamichu. Ichigo is little surprise considering they were in the credits (which isn't a guarantee).

Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote
slerch666 wrote:
I recently emailed Media-Blasters/Kitty in regards to licensing the (LINK MAY NOT BE SAFE FOR WORK) Bible Black Only OVA series. They confirmed via email they have the license, which I copy and pasted here:

D'OH, I saw the post on AoD first so sourced them Anime smallmouth;

-t
slerch666

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
D'OH, I saw the post on AoD first so sourced them Anime smallmouth;

-t

If you look at the source on the main page, they attribute it to me (slerch666), as I post on those boards (I only post here when I get a scoop on something... which going by my post count, ain't often).

Oh well, whatever, as long as it's up there and listed as licensed, it's all good.

I also posted an update, as it's currently set for 2 episodes. If you scroll down to the *****NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!*****
Bible Black Only portion of the page I just linked to, you'll see it has a listing for vol. 2.

Thanks!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2