• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"please twins" help me on this one

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I currently have volume one and two and it just busted the bank. Money for me is hard to come by(since I'm still in school) and all. The first volume was ok, but volume two was repititious. It was pathetic. PT is not the best anime I've seen but I would like to know how it ends

Should I work towards another $60 for the last two volumes. Is it worth it.

Well if its not, if anyone seen them, tell me about them for me to save me some cash
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quote
The Best Buy closest to me has the last volume for $11.99, but I think that varies from store to store. Even still, they should have it for no more than $19.99 anywhere else. I hope you weren't buying those first two volumes at retail price. Most places around here sell them about $10 under SRP, except for Geneon titles.
aprince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Lol i bought the first one 40percent off at the low low price of about 17 bucks at the closing media play the next cost me 25 at suncoast. where can I buy anime cheap?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:01 am Reply with quote
I'll admit, I was irritated by some of the content on the second volume...iirc, it was episode 6 of Please Twins that taught me the words for "stranger," (tanin) "relative," (nikushin) and the whole "might" structure ("ka mo shirenai / shiremasen," which literally means "or also can't know" Laughing) because they repeat those "We might be related/We might be strangers!" lines SO MANY TIMES.

However, things do improve in the 3rd & 4th volumes--the conclusion of the TV series, episode 12, is good, but the OVA special (episode 13) does some rather questionable things with one character--if you've seen the series, you know what I'm talking about.

For awhile, Best Buy was selling the all 4 volumes + box + OST for $40, which is about $5 more than I paid for Vol. 1 + box + CD Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil -The last 2 volumes should be available relatively cheaply; with such a cheap boxed set out there, stores will be looking to get rid of them.
Luminal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
aprince wrote:
I currently have volume one and two and it just busted the bank. Money for me is hard to come by(since I'm still in school) and all. The first volume was ok, but volume two was repititious. It was pathetic. PT is not the best anime I've seen but I would like to know how it ends

Should I work towards another $60 for the last two volumes. Is it worth it.

Well if its not, if anyone seen them, tell me about them for me to save me some cash

In my opinion, even though I enjoyed the series, I do NOT think the last 2 volumes are worth 60$. I'd get myself the fansubs if I were you.

Luminal
primalm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Short answer to the ending is that spoiler[Karen is his younger sister and was not in the photo, but Mina was his neighbor and was in the photo]. Still there are the last episodes that were fairly funy as in the Teacher series.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
What Store did you buy them at?
aprince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:44 pm Reply with quote
thanks primalm,

I bought them at suncoast
Asuka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:18 am Reply with quote
Protip: Don't buy anime at Suncoast, or any other stores that charge at or near MSRP. Best Buy is easily the best B&M store to buy anime from. Otherwise, http://www.DVDPriceSearch.com
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Usually retail's the better place to buy anime at. Don't buy from an ANIME store.....
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:56 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Usually retail's the better place to buy anime at. Don't buy from an ANIME store.....

If you can, I think it's best to buy from some online store like DeepDiscountDVD, Rightstuf, or MediaCavern where you can get free shipping on any order or any order above a certain amount.

A) Prices at online stores are usually a few bucks cheaper than the average retail store.

B) In most cases, you can avoid sales tax by buying online, which means saving $4-$5 per DVD, so instead of spending $175 on a 7 disc series, you can get it for $140.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:03 am Reply with quote
IN any case, avoid the anime stores.....
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
IN any case, avoid the anime stores.....

Well, seeing as they are specialty stores, and they aren't getting the money from anywhere else, it makes sense that their prices are a bit higher. However best buy and other B+M stores can sell a bit cheaper, because they're gtting an income from other products as well.
gundamfan80

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I liked the show as a whole and would say that its worth getting the other two volumes. Dvdpacific.com has them for $17.22 each and bestbuy has them for $19.99 each.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1