• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Adds New U.S. Shugo Chara!, Until the Full Moon Manga

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darcerin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quote
*bounces up and down and tries to control herself* MORE FULL MOON!!!! So happy!! Very Happy
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I already have all the early Tokyo Mew Mew manga volumes so I don't need an omnibus. But I seriously need to get the rest of the Shugo Chara manga.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Love Hina. I am in heaven.

Give us Initial D next, Kodansha, and I will be above heaven.
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I already have all the early Tokyo Mew Mew manga volumes so I don't need an omnibus. But I seriously need to get the rest of the Shugo Chara manga.

Weren't the Tokyopop Tokyo Mew Mew translations really bad though? Like they couldn't figure out what the attack names were and kept changing them from volume to volume. Not to mention my copies had all sorts of gross printing errors on them.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote
YAY, MORE SHUGO CHARA Very Happy

Kodansha, get LIFE and Beck and my life will be complete.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
YAY, MORE SHUGO CHARA Very Happy

Kodansha, get LIFE and Beck and my life will be complete.

Ah Life, the first 9 volumes sit on my shelves mocking me, laughing at my inability to finish the story. Kodansha would make me a happy man if I could purchase said title (translated) from them. I'll hold out hope that they'll continue being awesome and someday allow me to do so.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote
I had a hunch that they'd pick up Shugo Chara-Chan. I'm so glad! Now if only they'd pick up Koko ni Iru Yo, Fukushima Haruka titles, Yokai Navi Luna (DelRey released only 2 volumes), and Shugo Chara! Encore!. I can't wait for Tokyo Mew Mew. I remember I tried reading it when I was in middle school and I remember the translations were just so horrible. But yeah, thank you Kodansha!
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Well now I can get the rest of Tokyo Mew Mew. I only read the first volume that Tokyopop released and I didn't think it was that bad.

Already have Love Hina so I most likely won't be buying it again.

Now only if someone could bring out an uncut version of Tokyo Mew Mew with a new dub I would be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
I had a hunch that they'd pick up Shugo Chara-Chan. I'm so glad! Now if only they'd pick up Koko ni Iru Yo, Fukushima Haruka titles, Yokai Navi Luna (DelRey released only 2 volumes), and Shugo Chara! Encore!. I can't wait for Tokyo Mew Mew. I remember I tried reading it when I was in middle school and I remember the translations were just so horrible. But yeah, thank you Kodansha!

They already have Koko ni Iru Yo. Del Rey published the first volume as I am Here! last year and Kodansha will publish the second and final in July (they're doing a 2-volume omnibus as opposed to the 5 original volumes). And they already have Shugo Chara! Encore! as well. Encore was just released as the 12th volume of the manga in Japan, and Right Stuf has it up for preorder for September. :]

But I wholeheartedly agree to more Haruka Fukushima titles! (I know she gets bad reviews often, but I find myself sucked into her stories, kind of like a train wreck maybe?)

Sidenote, I'm pretty sure Tokyopop had Tokyo Mew Mew, not Del Rey.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote
They need to reprint Blame!
kill-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote
that's fine and good but what about Ghost Hunt 12?
please! Sad
It's the last one!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Ah Life, the first 9 volumes sit on my shelves mocking me, laughing at my inability to finish the story. Kodansha would make me a happy man if I could purchase said title (translated) from them. I'll hold out hope that they'll continue being awesome and someday allow me to do so.

You and me both. I find it awesome that you're a guy who likes shoujo manga Very Happy
SaharaFrost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Correction: I believe Tokyopop also released Tokyo Mew Mew, not Del Rey. Am I wrong?
gilnokoibito

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
SaharaFrost wrote:
Correction: I believe Tokyopop also released Tokyo Mew Mew, not Del Rey. Am I wrong?

Tokyopop did release Tokyo Mew Mew. Says so right on the books. They even released a Spanish edition. I'm confused about that too. The article mentioned something about Tokyopop localizing Kodansha's stuff though...so maybe the article meant that Tokyopop published them until they lost their rights to Kodansha titles (Del Rey I believe was Kodansha's US branch...or something like that I think...correct me if I'm wrong!)

Other than that, Tokyo Mew Mew omnibus editions as well as the Sailor Moon manga are gonna both be released this September. Well...I'm gonna go broke this fall! (Even though I already have Tokyopop's Mew Mew editions...still...omnibus....oooh)
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I already own all of the Tokyo Mew Mew manga, but I'd gladly double dip if they use a better translation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3