• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Corporate Controller Job in Houston

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
God Gundam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote
So, this IS ADV, right? I mean, come on, who are they trying to fool?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
So, this IS ADV, right? I mean, come on, who are they trying to fool?

Yes it is, the monster description pretty much also gives it away. I don't know why they don't come out and say it either, maybe it is some rule monster has or something.

Anyone who was serious about applying would research and find out what company it was anyway. It is a very important job afterall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Defiant7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I would imagine they did it that way so that they would not be flooded with applications from everybody who thinks they can do the job, just because they are an anime fan. I would think that most fans would look for an Anime company instead of looking for a certain possition.
tekwych

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:44 pm Reply with quote
It stops a direct search for ADV. It means the applicant is looking at the job first, not the company name.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Defiant7 wrote:
I would imagine they did it that way so that they would not be flooded with applications from everybody who thinks they can do the job, just because they are an anime fan. I would think that most fans would look for an Anime company instead of looking for a certain possition.

Well if thats the case ANN just put that little plan on the back burner. Wink

Attention all retards, do not apply to this position. Accounting is an extremly difficult job that entails much more than just balancing credits and debts I should know. CPA, and degree required. This is not your chance to beak into the biz. This is not your chance to get an executive to read your story. This is not your dreams coming true. Stop all thought immediately.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Defiant7 wrote:

Well if thats the case ANN just put that little plan on the back burner. :wink:

Attention all retards, do not apply to this position. Accounting is an extremly difficult job that entails much more than just balancing credits and debts I should know. CPA, and degree required. This is not your chance to beak into the biz. This is not your chance to get an executive to read your story. This is not your dreams coming true. Stop all thought immediately.

Preach on, my brother, preach on.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
This is not your chance to beak into the biz.

Well, not in the archetypal way, but for someone like me who, if this was 3 years from now, would be looking for a job like this, I'd say this was the proverbial on-ramp to animedom. Of course, I'm more interested in how the system works, not becoming a part of the system.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:07 am Reply with quote
Good. Grief! It's OBVIOUSLY AD Vision.

As someone else said, who are they trying to fool?!

It's certainly not me, that's for sure.

"You can fool all of the people some of the time. You can fool some of the people all of the time. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quote
whats a corporate controller?
tekwych

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:17 am Reply with quote
ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:
whats a corporate controller?

You Manage the office that manages the money and report directly to the CFO (Chief Financial Officer)

Usually
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

Well, not in the archetypal way, but for someone like me who, if this was 3 years from now, would be looking for a job like this, I'd say this was the proverbial on-ramp to animedom. Of course, I'm more interested in how the system works, not becoming a part of the system.
Thats why I spelled it biz Wink
PatrickD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
I don't know why they don't come out and say it either, maybe it is some rule monster has or something.

Companies can post confidential job postings if they choose to. Monster does not require them to do so. Many companies do it. It's quite common.
Lampbane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

It might sound cool to be the accountant at an anime company, but it actually sucks more since you have to watch everyone else have "fun" while you just process their expense reports.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:34 am Reply with quote
Great, now little Joey the Narutard is gonna want to work for ADV because he has every piece of Saiyuki merchandise and has a crush on Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic!. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1