• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vertical Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to Anno's eating disorder manga. I think this will be a disturbing yet informational/interesting read. I hope it's handled well.

And I do feel this is relevant, especially with the current thing in eating disorder circles being the "thigh gap" where girls unhealthily strive to make their thighs not touch.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Does that mean Tropic of the Sea is doing well?
Galap

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Damn it, why did it have to be the manga of From the New World that Vertical puts out instead of the novel (which is a real novel, not a light novel BTW)?

I guess you could describe that manga as 'more graphic', if by that you mean adding boobs and sex scenes that feature fetish characterizations that don't make sense in the context of the sexuality of the society in that story...
Apashi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
You guys always get the most interesting manga. I've got to own more from this company! Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1