• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Gundam Work to Be Unveiled in June 13

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quote
finally. i have waiting for this for a long time.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Please do not be some U.C series about how the Zeon have returned, and now some third group must fight off both Zeon and the Earth Federation.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I am excited to see what this unveiling will bring. I think it will be interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joshjoshlol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Desperately hoping it's not another foray into the ugliness of Igloo-esque CG. And with the lolwut treatment that 00's storyline got in the second season, I'm not too sure how to feel with a good amount of that staff being involved.

If it has to do with Frozen Teardrop, I would be interested.
pantsmca

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Come on Sunrise! Anime cry Animate Crossbone already
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Here's my prediction: It will be simply titled "Gundam ? (Question Mark)" and be kinda like Turn A.

J/K; I have no idea what the heck this is gonna be about, but I'm both interested and saddened that UC is probably never gonna have a TV deal or even have its dubs released in anything but Blu-Ray.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
Mizushima's little tease is interesting, but even that doesn't necessarily mean this will be set in the Gundam 00 universe, since Sunrise does re-use a fair amount of its staff, particularly animators or mechanical designers and the like, over the years and across different projects.

Other than that, I'm fairly receptive to finding out just what this is all about.
DTJB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:16 am Reply with quote
Revamp of Gundam X...please? Smile
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote
I am ready for more.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
Mizushima's little tease is interesting, but even that doesn't necessarily mean this will be set in the Gundam 00 universe, since Sunrise does re-use a fair amount of its staff, particularly animators or mechanical designers and the like, over the years and across different projects.

Other than that, I'm fairly receptive to finding out just what this is all about.

If it is a new Gundam 00 series than I have to question if Sunrise really has anything left. I mean I can understand making sequels to Z Gundam and Gundam Seed due to their huge sales, and success but Gundam 00 didn't exactly set Japan on fire, Code Geass really overshadowed it.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:39 am Reply with quote
joshjoshlol wrote:
And with the lolwut treatment that 00's storyline got in the second season, I'm not too sure how to feel with a good amount of that staff being involved.

Is it wrong that I'm hoping for a 00 reboot? Post S1 or post S2, I don't care. Laughing
treatment

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:44 am Reply with quote
I say,

they'll prolly have another new masked anti-hero.

this time, it'll be

<wait for it>

a girl...

Razz Twisted Evil
Panon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:22 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
If it is a new Gundam 00 series than I have to question if Sunrise really has anything left. I mean I can understand making sequels to Z Gundam and Gundam Seed due to their huge sales, and success but Gundam 00 didn't exactly set Japan on fire, Code Geass really overshadowed it.

Uh, Gundam 00 still sold very, very well. The difference in sales between it and Geass was something like 6,000 sales per volume.

Not to mention the 00 movie sold almost 150,000 copies.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:32 am Reply with quote
joshjoshlol wrote:
If it has to do with Frozen Teardrop, I would be interested.

Hopefully that's a joke, as Frozen Teardrop really screwed up Wing.

I doubt it'll be another U.C.-era series, as Unicorn currently has that covered. Although I'd like to see something set between ZZ & Char's Counterattack, if they were going with that era.

I'm hoping it'll be like Gundam X or Turn A, where it's set in a post-disaster era with the older familiar mobile suits. Those were the last two that I actually enjoyed.

As long as it's not another SD-Gundam show or another show set in the Seed universe(Destiny destroyed that universe), I'll be fine with it.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

Uh, Gundam 00 still sold very, very well. The difference in sales between it and Geass was something like 6,000 sales per volume.

Not to mention the 00 movie sold almost 150,000 copies.

I would rather Sunrise actually try to do something new, and stop just repeating the same show over and over again and get out of the rut they have been in recently (Tiger and Bunny is certainly an improvement). I mean we already have the anime adaptation of Gundam Unicorn (another U.C series with the same exact plot as most other U.C series), and Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrops (a sequel to Wing that re-uses character designs to a ridiculous level) do we really need to add another sequel?

That and frankly Gundam 00 season 2 pretty much killed any interest I had in that universe. They took everything that was great in season 1 and removed it. I simply don't trust Mizushima and Kuroda to get back their form.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4