• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Restaurant Spots Worth The Visit

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Was there a write-in option in last week's poll? Since, well, a lot of the favorite shows didn't air in the past (fall) season. Anime hyper
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Polar Bear cafe as No 1 I definitely agree with however as far as One Piece eateries go I much prefer the Baratie and its fighting cooks.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that Attack on Titan won.

As for the movie poll, I voted for Battle of Gods, but to be honest, I haven't seen many of 2013's anime films...
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Movies, eh? I managed to see:

Captain Harlock
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion
Short Peace
The Garden of Words

and

One Piece Z, which premiered at the end of 2012, but I saw it in 2013.

and

Kaze Tachinu/The Wind Rises, which seems to be missing.

My vote went to Kaguya Hime.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Was there a write-in option in last week's poll? Since, well, a lot of the favorite shows didn't air in the past (fall) season. Anime hyper

It was favorite show of the year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
however as far as One Piece eateries go I much prefer the Baratie and its fighting cooks.

Second!

Plus it's in the middle of the ocean on a boat and they later get another restraunt that's underwater!
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
No surprise on that last poll, haha.

This new one is tough though. There were a lot of great anime films this year. I wish more of them were stand alone though. Its hard for me to get my friends to sit through a whole series just so they can go watch the movie with me, haha.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised that AoT took the top spot in the poll, but I am pleasantly surprised that The Eccentric Family took second. I thought it was a great show and I voted for it, I just didn't think it would do so well in the polls.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Cool to see Mister Ajikko get a spot in this list. I just "got" the show & I'm considering giving it a good watch, not just because of its status as "the original battle cooking anime" but also because it's the directorial debut of Yasuhiro Imagawa.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I'm not surprised that AoT took the top spot in the poll, but I am pleasantly surprised that The Eccentric Family took second. I thought it was a great show and I voted for it, I just didn't think it would do so well in the polls.
Same. Compared to a lot of the overrated shows like AoT and Kill La Kill..I expected EFamily to get written off. Glad it made it so high, it was genuinely great and didn't have to rely on fan service at all unlike the two shows I just listed. This is also why I hate polls though...shows that sacrifice every amount of substance to please the highest # of people generally win.
Durga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
The top 10 results are pretty close to how I'd rank this year's shows were I to do a list. Well, maybe not in that exact order, but that I liked all these shows speaks to the strengths of this year for anime. Compared to last year when there were only a couple of anime that stuck with me, it's a huge improvement.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
Same. Compared to a lot of the overrated shows like AoT and Kill La Kill..I expected EFamily to get written off. Glad it made it so high, it was genuinely great and didn't have to rely on fan service at all unlike the two shows I just listed. This is also why I hate polls though...shows that sacrifice every amount of substance to please the highest # of people generally win.

I guess you haven't seen AoT... There is literally no fan-service at all.

...Unless you count the giant naked Titans as fan-service. *shudder*

I can agree with your opinion on polls as a whole, but that doesn't always end up as the case.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
For restaurants, can I recommend the "Sky Temple" family restaurant from Rumbling Hearts? The food is nothing special, but there's an excellent chance of seeing the poorly-behaved waitstaff get into a big fight.
ethos711

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
1.0% voted for Yuyushiki! I'm not alone in the world! Yay, lol
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Log Horizon 4??

I've hardly seen any of the movies, but Saint Young Men was my favorite of those I have. Thoroughly charming.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2