Forum - View topic
Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs (Light Novel) Vol. 1

I actually enjoyed this light novel.

This teenage boy was forced to play this Otame game by his sister. DIes and is reborn into that Otame world. spoiler[He retains his knowledge of the playthroughs of the Otame game.]

The conceit of this light novel is that he is not a main character in the Otame game, but rather a back ground character.

What rather hooked me into this light novel is the world. This is a classic medieval fantasy world with working magic, but spoiler[there are major science fiction elements in the story and the world itself has a history, that appears it might have a bearing on where the story goes.]

Don't get me wrong, this is a light novel, so I would be surprised if it went too deep in the matter, but it is enough to keep me interested.

Also, since this is a light novel of an Otame game (world) it has the requisite reverse harem. spoiler[It might also be forming a regular harem too,] we shall see. It also plays heavy with the role reversal aspect of living in a full blown matriarchy.

While this is a light novel, it seems to have a bit of meat too it, and enough hooks for me to want more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1