• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3's Mohammed Avdol Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
HYPE! This is going to be awesome. 2 more PVs to make their way up next month before the airing too.

That OST is fabulous.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
It's sad that Joseph is losing Sugita's voice, but Ishizuka is probably going to fit him just as well as an old man. The voice actor has a pretty wild acting range, so I look forward to hearing him!
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Refresh my memory: What was the particular reason for Sugita to refuse the role of old Joseph? Did he just not want to do it? Did he feel that doing an old version of the character was too much for his vocals?

I don't mind in the end really. Old Joseph should have a higher gruff pitch like the way he sounded in the CAPCOM game.

By the way, Avdol instead of Abdul is actually not as incorrect as the fans may think. The Japanese really do romanize his name as Avdol.
MetallicKaiser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:32 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Refresh my memory: What was the particular reason for Sugita to refuse the role of old Joseph? Did he just not want to do it? Did he feel that doing an old version of the character was too much for his vocals?

I believe it was the latter; something about destroying his vocals. He'd have to do an old man voice for 25 (possibly 39 if this goes 3 cour) episodes AND do it well. Like actually sound like an old man, rather than "Joseph pretending to sound like an old man." As much as I love Sugita, I wouldn't be able to take the character seriously if it seemed that way.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
Still good cast despite Sugita leaving role.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1