• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ressha Sentai TōQGer, Kamen Rider Gaim Get Double-Feature

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
While I love that we're actually getting tokusatsu news, it does bother me when it's things that any tokusatsu fan already knows.

There's always a winter movie each for Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. Kamen Rider is usually in December, is a crossover between the current and previous Riders, and usually has an early bird cameo of the secondary Rider (ohai der, Gaim, who already had 7 Riders by that point). Super Sentai is usually in January, and usually has an early bird cameo of the next team.

There's also always a late summer movie for each. Kamen Rider gets a full-length movie, usually with an early bird cameo of the next Rider (Gaim, again, being an exception). Sentai gets a slightly-longer-than-episode-length movie, usually with an early bird cameo of the Sixth Ranger.

There's also usually a late spring/early summer Super Sentai movie, and it's the crossover between the current and previous teams.

Lately, they've also been doing spring movies of the "massive crossover" type, that started with Let's Go Kamen Rider, then the Super Hero Taisen, and now the this one.
keita_matsko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
While I love that we're actually getting tokusatsu news, it does bother me when it's things that any tokusatsu fan already knows.

There's always a winter movie each for Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. Kamen Rider is usually in December, is a crossover between the current and previous Riders, and usually has an early bird cameo of the secondary Rider (ohai der, Gaim, who already had 7 Riders by that point). Super Sentai is usually in January, and usually has an early bird cameo of the next team.

There's also always a late summer movie for each. Kamen Rider gets a full-length movie, usually with an early bird cameo of the next Rider (Gaim, again, being an exception). Sentai gets a slightly-longer-than-episode-length movie, usually with an early bird cameo of the Sixth Ranger.

There's also usually a late spring/early summer Super Sentai movie, and it's the crossover between the current and previous teams.

Lately, they've also been doing spring movies of the "massive crossover" type, that started with Let's Go Kamen Rider, then the Super Hero Taisen, and now the this one.

Well, the news is catered to everyone, not just tokusatsu fans. Also, there are some Toku fans who aren't aware of the pattern of movies every year because they remain in the Ultraman-only fandom, and Garo-only.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1