Forum - View topic
INTEREST: A Look at Niconico Chokaigi3




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CatzCradle



Joined: 25 Apr 2007
Posts: 230
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the nice coverage of Niconico Chokaigi3 since I've been dying to find out more about the event. Too bad, there weren't any pictures about the Utaite events/singers. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hoppy800



Joined: 09 Aug 2013
Posts: 2997
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Now, if someone can make a figure of Emily in that lovely dress, I'd be happy, that and maybe Emily with this pose and yukata.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BooktapC



Joined: 13 Apr 2011
Posts: 80
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Good photos. It was pretty fun to see the event.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nhat



Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 919
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
LOL Prime Minister Shinzō Abe's picture representation of him (I guess) is classic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 14437
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Maybe these are more photos on the Akihabara News coverage. (As they put it: "it appears that the ability to draw characters over 25 years old has vanished from the skill sets of all Japanese anime artists" Laughing )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hoppy800



Joined: 09 Aug 2013
Posts: 2997
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Maybe these are more photos on the Akihabara News coverage. (As they put it: "it appears that the ability to draw characters over 25 years old has vanished from the skill sets of all Japanese anime artists" Laughing )


The Otaku don't want characters looking over 25, which is why you see a lot more really small women who are 20 but look 12 and under and 40 year old women looking like they are barely 20. Age accurate characters just doesn't sell anything related to Japanese animated media anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2125
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
CatzCradle wrote:
Thanks for the nice coverage of Niconico Chokaigi3 since I've been dying to find out more about the event. Too bad, there weren't any pictures about the Utaite events/singers. Sad


Glad to hear you liked the coverage!
About the utaite... Most of the stages they were on were no photos allowed. I actually saw a professional singer and two violin players at the pachinko booth, but no photos. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teferi



Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
At the Magic booth they're not promoting a product in 2015; they're promoting Magic 2015 Duels of the Planeswalkers (which will be out this summer).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikeski



Joined: 24 Sep 2009
Posts: 608
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:50 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
(As they put it: "it appears that the ability to draw characters over 25 years old has vanished from the skill sets of all Japanese anime artists" Laughing )

That's just an accurate view of the life cycle of the anime character. Born, grows to adulthood through five moltings (baby, to kindergartener, to grade-schooler, to middle-schooler, to high-schooler, and finally to adult size/clothes), lives in the unchanging adult form for about a decade, spins a cocoon (off-camera), emerges as a three-foot-tall senior citizen, and lives several decades in that form, until natural death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 14437
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Mikeski wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
(As they put it: "it appears that the ability to draw characters over 25 years old has vanished from the skill sets of all Japanese anime artists" Laughing )

That's just an accurate view of the life cycle of the anime character. Born, grows to adulthood through five moltings (baby, to kindergartener, to grade-schooler, to middle-schooler, to high-schooler, and finally to adult size/clothes), lives in the unchanging adult form for about a decade, spins a cocoon (off-camera), emerges as a three-foot-tall senior citizen, and lives several decades in that form, until natural death.


Ha! In their adult form, do they live under the ground never to be seen till they re-emerge as senior citizens? Is that why all high school students live like orphans? Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikeski



Joined: 24 Sep 2009
Posts: 608
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Mikeski wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
(As they put it: "it appears that the ability to draw characters over 25 years old has vanished from the skill sets of all Japanese anime artists" Laughing )

That's just an accurate view of the life cycle of the anime character. Born, grows to adulthood through five moltings (baby, to kindergartener, to grade-schooler, to middle-schooler, to high-schooler, and finally to adult size/clothes), lives in the unchanging adult form for about a decade, spins a cocoon (off-camera), emerges as a three-foot-tall senior citizen, and lives several decades in that form, until natural death.


Ha! In their adult form, do they live under the ground never to be seen till they re-emerge as senior citizens? Is that why all high school students live like orphans? Smile

Exactly! The adults only live long enough to raise their young to the end of the grade-school age, on average... then they go away to metamorphose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group