• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: DC Comics and Sanrio Partner for Hello Kitty Super-Villains

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I see they're trying to appeal to comic book readers, but I don't know if mixing Hello Kitty and DC comics would translate really well.

Statement retracted, after reading the person below's post, I think it's a investment well worth it.

Last edited by mdo7 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hellfish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I have not bought anything hello kitty related for years and here they are enticing me to return to those vices... I think I would really like some of that stuff.

mdo7 wrote:
I see they're trying to appeal to comic book readers, but I don't know if mixing Hello Kitty and DC comics would translate really well.

Dc characters as a brand tell to sell quite well on the present time, they don't need to appeal only to comic book readers, specially considering a huge number of the people buying batman t-shirts and merchadise probably don't read comics. The Wonderwoman and batgirl barbies sold quite well as far as I know.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Hellfish wrote:

Dc characters as a brand tell to sell quite well on the present time, they don't need to appeal only to comic book readers, specially considering a huge number of the people buying batman t-shirts and merchadise probably don't read comics. The Wonderwoman and batgirl barbies sold quite well as far as I know.

Oh I didn't know that. I'll retract my previous statement, I think this could be interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
UkiyaSeed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
What's interesting is that they started with Batman villains, since this year also marks Batman's 75th anniversary.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quote
Just when I thought that the "Hello Kitty" crossovers couldn't get any stranger,they continue to. Somehow,Hello Kitty seem too cute for villains such as Poison Ivy,Harley Quinn,and those like them. No matter how they try,I don't think that it'll work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1