• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation's Senran Kagura Release Does Not Include OVA Episodes

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry, but how the hell did they NOT know they had the rights to these OVAs and how the hell did someone NOT figure out the listing was an error and attempt to correct it?

This is laziness and stupidity at best and intentional false advertising, possibly fraud, at worst.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
It's pure laziness since it was accidentally listed with the OVAs included, that's odd that they wouldn't have the rights to the OVAs though.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Funimation has had other issues in which fans might be justified in being angry: Eva 3.3 and Ben-To constantly delayed release dates, for example.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how much of an accident it can be when the titles were translated quite some time ago...

Kadmos1 wrote:
Funimation has had other issues in which fans might be justified in being angry: Eva 3.3 and Ben-To constantly delayed release dates, for example.

And there's no sign of Sankarea near Halloween this year...
razisgosu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Funimation is just releasing a stream of screw ups lately. It's really sad to see their quality take a nose dive. It almost makes Aniplex look good.
terminus24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
So, the BD was listed as including the OVAs for the longest time, and then the day before release, It doesn't? And that's an "accident"?
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Didn't see the OVAs, so I don't care about this as much as I should, but man does FUNi need to get their sh*t together.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, so much for seeing those six OVA episodes of Senran Kagura- I was really looking forward to seeing them. Neutral
Here's hoping Funimation has a good explanation for why they waited until after the pre-order date notifying their customers about the English version of Senran Kagura not having the OVAs.
Lynxikat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
So bizarre that Funi doesn't have the rights to the OVAs.

What's even more bizarre that it took them SO long to figure out this error on their website???
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
This would have been a big deal if the dub was any good, but it's awful so it's not much of a loss.

And I usually greatly enjoy Funi dubs... but this was... horribly unpleasant to listen to.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
This is about as stupid as the guys who accidentally aired those Legend of Korra 3 episodes instead of the reruns.

It's a little late to announce this when some people's orders have already been shipped. I just don't understand how you can possibly not notice that your site has inaccurate information for so long until the last minute like this. Perplexing indeed Confused
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Lynxikat wrote:
So bizarre that Funi doesn't have the rights to the OVAs.

Not that bizarre, since these sorts of bonus short episodes aren't always included in licensing deals.

Lynxikat wrote:
What's even more bizarre that it took them SO long to figure out this error on their website???

They don't even get a little bit of credit for noticing, because they didn't. Fans who have received their copies early had to point it out and start asking questions.
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I had seen Senran Kagura, and I beat the hell out of burst on 3DS, so those OVAs were the only reason I was planning on buying the series. So relieved I decided to wait for some reason. This is ridiculous and the constant failures by FUNI, Sentai and others is really getting unimaginable. There needs a reform, no more cutting out BDs, no more missing OVAs, no more crap yellow subs. It's 2014, we need to stop accepting anything less than great.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
This is ridiculous and the constant failures by FUNI, Sentai and others is really getting unimaginable. There needs a reform, no more cutting out BDs, no more missing OVAs, no more crap yellow subs. It's 2014, we need to stop accepting anything less than great.

Very funny. If people were willing to pay $300 for 12 episodes, I could see Funimation and the rest of the R1 companies acceding to all your demands.

Unfortunately, most R1 costumers appear to be self-entitled brats who expect only excellency, despite wanting to only pay 30 meager dollars for 12 episodes dubbed and on BD.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
I had seen Senran Kagura, and I beat the hell out of burst on 3DS, so those OVAs were the only reason I was planning on buying the series. So relieved I decided to wait for some reason. This is ridiculous and the constant failures by FUNI, Sentai and others is really getting unimaginable. There needs a reform, no more cutting out BDs, no more missing OVAs, no more crap yellow subs. It's 2014, we need to stop accepting anything less than great.

To be fair there are issues with Japanese anime BDs, Nisekoi was screwed over with more censorship and dumb changes and unlike the US, the Japanese have to pay around $700 for a set of BDs. Wake Up Girls looks terrible on BD as well, numerous scenes were screwed up completely along with some very noticeable screw ups in the art, then there are a few others that bamboozle the consumer in stupid ways in Japan such as Ro-Kyu-Bu and Ro-Kyu-Bu SS.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6