• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Megumi Han: Hunter x Hunter Anime to End at Episode 148

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
After Ep: 148's credit will follow... "To Be Continued... whenever Togashi feels like it...

- Madhouse,
Because we love to make good anime when we can..."

Brings a tear to my eye when another actually solid anime that will actually stand the test of time ends... even if just for awhile.
BlueBitterCoffee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quote
Hopefully since the anime s ending Sad at least for awhile ,maybe now can we get an english dub for this series? please?

(Viz media should do it since they just finished bleach and naruto's ending they will have an open space for a long running series... Wink
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:01 am Reply with quote
Really don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm GLAD they'll put this down at 148. Didn't like this adaptation as much as I initially thought I would.

If another studio picks it up I hope they try to deviate from whats been done and support darker themes.

Last edited by Lain'sHairline on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:03 am Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .....we all knew it was comming. The wait begins. I'll put a pause on the manga in a couple months to leave myself in anticipation for the next adaption Sad
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
I'd rather have the anime end for now and come back later rather than turn into the poorly paced fillerfest that the One Piece anime has been for the past few years now. Besides, who knows how long it'll take for Togashi to finish the new story arc with his typical hiatusing? The Chimera Ants took, what? 7 years?
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:05 am Reply with quote
Assuming the anime is ending at the point I think it is, I kind of agree with calling it a "turning point". The end of the Election Arc really does make the entire series so far feel like it was a prologue.

Here's praying that we'll get a sequel series for the next arc in 4-5 years or so.
FreshIngredient

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:06 am Reply with quote
The way the Election arc ends is a good enough ending for the anime because spoiler[ it ends with the main character achieving his initial goal of finding his father]
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote
Great! "Turning point" sounds like break before a big shift, and yeah, the Election's closure and Dark Continent's opening has a lot going on with hints of MASSIVE scope to come, so I look forward to a continuation in a few years I suspect, but we'll see how long Togashi takes. It's going to be a bit sad having Jojo and Hunter X Hunter on break while school starts up again though. :/ Anyways, don't let us down Madhouse! >.<
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quote
If Madhouse continued Black Lagoon & Hajime no Ippo, I don't see any reason why they won't eventually complete the adaptation of Hunter x Hunter (well unless Togashi keeps going on hiatus and the manga is still going in like 10 years).

All I hope is that Togashi continues to work on the manga until it's completion.

Also nice to see Megumi Han is so passionate about the show.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:27 am Reply with quote
I'm seriously going to miss this show in the future.... Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote
Well, now that that's over with, maybe Shueisha will finally listen to my suggestion to reboot Bastard!! and give it an anime adaptation which doesn't look like ass. Cool

Lain: I haven't gotten that far in the manga, but the show sounds pretty faithful to it, from what I hear. Anyway, it'd be nice if they could give it a nice round number, at least, but Togashi doesn't seem to do side-stories very often.

Saiya: Anything from Toei's always filler-ridden, unfortunately.

Auto: I don't think Ippo makes money for 'em, though. I think, at this point, any adaptations of it are just there to promote the manga. As for myself, I hope Togashi actually makes Gon and Killua go on adventures, instead of just wasting everyone's time copping out on taking down random gangs.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:17 am Reply with quote
I've heard that the anime is very close to the manga, so I suspected that it would come to this soon. But I honestly thought that the anime would end after the Chrimea Ant-arc.

This anime surpased my expectations by far, so I'm still a little sad that such a great anime will end. I honestly hope that the anime will resume at a later date.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
And so it ends here.....

I'm just glad they animated one more time and assumed Chimera Ants arc will be the last one, but no, They decided to do Election arc as well which makes my day.

Madhouse has faithfully adapted into anime with intense excitement,crazy animation,without adding fillers/specials and somehow maintains quality despite being a long-running anime. You don't often see something unique like this.

I'm going to miss the hype of HxH and I'm gonna wait no matter how long it is,and thanks to all staffs and everyone involved in the production.

No more Hype x Hype, it's Tears x Tears!
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:12 am Reply with quote
Eather we get some dark continent ovas like in the old days or we get our 3rd reboot in a decade. Maybe it will be in CG ?
4 different pilot episodes you guys. I can´t wait !
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:16 am Reply with quote
Hawkwing wrote:
I've heard that the anime is very close to the manga, so I suspected that it would come to this soon.

Episode 142 covered up to the early pages of chapter 329. Last week's chapter was 349. So... Yeah, very close. Still possibly one of the best and well paced anime adaptations of a long running manga. By the final episode 148, we'll have covered 32 volumes of manga. For comparison, 148 episodes of the original Dragon Ball series (Pre-Z, which only became even more bloated than the first series) only covered 16 volumes of material.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4