• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter x Hunter Manga to Continue Hiatus

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Didn't they say that the hiatus would be continuing until further notice? This seems like a paradox.
bigivel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
Didn't they say that the hiatus would be continuing until further notice? This seems like a paradox.

Is just a reinforcement!
shiranehito

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:56 pm Reply with quote
It must be said again and again to remind people that HxH is indeed Hiatus x Hiatus.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
This could actually be bad. Is his condition okay?
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
Based Hiatus x Hiatus.
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
This could actually be bad. Is his condition okay?

Yea sure, Togashi has a serious illness called LAZINESS, disrespect for his work and fans. PERIOD.

Are you knew to his BS?

Togashi has always been like this, most likely he is busy playing something or he is unable to move his lazy butt probably due to otaku related stuff.

He is NOT SICK, this excuse has been used FOR YEARS.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:39 am Reply with quote
Maybe he is sometimes sick and likes to continue with this excuse.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote
From what I understand a lot of the signs point to him having a stroke at some point.

Because his illustrations have been described as being rather shaky, which is a sign of someone who has had a stroke.

Then you add in the fact that it causes fatigue, which on top of the fatigue caused by a weekly serialization, it can add up.

Of course I could be completely wrong on this account. But, I'm not going to write it off as him just being lazy by any means.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
I think he already used the excuse "sick" too many times before (and I heard he was caught selling self-published work when he was "sick") so now people just don't buy that excuse anymore, even if he is really ill now. But if he really is, I hope he's recovering soon.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:20 am Reply with quote
he needs to get more help with his manga

the fact that this shit hasn't been canceled yet is ridiculous.
Ownsin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:53 am Reply with quote
i can't believe that he is sick anymore, he keeps using the same bloody excuse all the time, and then gets caught playing his Dragon Quest games or doing some other thing. He's super lazy and has zero respect for his fans, and lies most of the time about his condition.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:34 am Reply with quote
HxH is most likely, a wrap.
Gasero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:40 am Reply with quote
Definitely a case of "boy who cried wolf." Even if Togashi is actually ill many of the people who have paid attention to production of HxH will not believe it.

Are they contractually obligated to follow what Togashi does with HxH? At this point it would probably be better if the publishers for the manga and anime went the Dragon Ball GT route and started using plots not written by the creator.

I wonder how long people will be reminded that HxH is on indefinite hiatus before they give up?
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
I don't even understand why Jump lets him work without assistants, that's clearly part of the reason he's so "fatigued".
JDude042

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:30 am Reply with quote
I think it's laughable the sheer number of articles I've seen on here pertaining to HxH being on hiatus due to Togashi's "condition." Whether or not the guy has actually had any sort of illness that has prevented him from doing what he needs to be doing, I think both himself and the people he is working for need to step in and come to a conclusion that will resolve this blatant issue of constant hiatuses, and make everyone happy. Is it too much to ask for someone to use logic here?

How many times do I need to hear the same excuse that the guy can't work on his manga because he's not feeling well? The guy has obviously turned into an unmotivated lazy bum and has lost all respect for his work and his fans. He may have actually been sick at one point, but now he's just going to ride the excuse for the rest of his life. Then again, the people he works for need to quit being so lenient about it. If I were his boss, I would give him three options:

1) We'll do everything in our power to help you continue the series, but you are contractually obligated to finish it by a specific date. We'll hire staff to help with the areas that you are unable to work on, but we'll need your oversight where it's needed. In return for his service, we will have to ask that you take a certain percentage pay cut for the extra staff as needed. After the series is finished, you will be alleviated of all your duties.

2) If you're not interested in the former option, we will buy the rights to the series from you at a "certain" price, and take it upon ourselves to continue your series, since it's clear that you've taken a staggering days of absence from work. You will no longer be obligated by us to continue to work on the series, and will gracefully be alleviated of all your duties.

3) If you're not interested in any of the former options, I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go despite the many years we've worked with you. It's clear that your "illness" has become a hindrance on the series being continued, and we've given you as much lenience as we possibly can. I'm very sorry that things have turned out this way.

Seriously though, Togashi honestly has probably close to 0% interest in working on the series, but for whatever reason I guess he can just blackmail the people he works for into letting him just take as long as he wants and be as lazy as he wants with working on it, it's pretty pathetic from both parties. Togashi knows this, and that's why he does what he does, and gets away with it.

Togashi should just come out of the shadows and just say that he doesn't want to continue and has other things in life that he'd rather be doing, and just save everyone the misery and heartache. I guess he would be too ashamed to admit that he's no longer motivated. If he doesn't care about his work or pleasing his fans, then why feel ashamed? Again, even if he's actually suffering from some sort of "illness" then do something about it! If he can't work, get somebody else to take over for him.

It must be nice that the people he works for hold him in such high regard that they just let him do as he pleases with no repercussions. Lord knows if any "normal" person were in this situation in most any other job, unless they were an invaluable asset to the company, the company would probably hire someone else to do the job, and fire the other guy, since he's having "issues" that unable him to do his job. I wonder how Japanese fans feel about the topic? Do they rage or poke fun at the fact that Togashi pretends to still be sick to get out of having to work?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2