• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Weapons of Japan are Reimagined as Gorgeous Men in Upcoming Mobile Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Some of these look like girls so much it's weird... Still, glad to see that there's at least some things out there for the female audience to counteract with all the stuff for the male audience.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Should this mobile game one day become an anime show, I'll be sure to watch it! Smile I'm particularly interested in the swordsmen sporting feminine appearances.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
Anime when? I can see the Sengoku Basara fangirls going gaga for this! Not sure I'd like it myself, but more bishies in the world can't be a bad thing! (Although, I wouldn't mind if some female weapons or blacksmiths showed up for balance, as opposed to stuff for guys that feature girls exclusively, I think women don't mind a supporting female character to even things out within a fandom's world. At least I do!)
leesahlynn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote
-grabby hands-
Want to play.
What are the odds this gets translated and put in the Play Store?
Not remotely?
sigh Sad
I know some people have figured out how to get the Japanese version of Gijin Kareshi et al, but I'm kind of a tech-failure.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
So, is this Upotte for the ladies?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

If the trigger was the "clitoris" in Upotte, I wonder what the grip of the swords will be in this one Laughing

Anime please
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
(Although, I wouldn't mind if some female weapons or blacksmiths showed up for balance, as opposed to stuff for guys that feature girls exclusively, I think women don't mind a supporting female character to even things out within a fandom's world. At least I do!)

You're probably alone there. They have to look out for the fujoshi market, and fujoshi don't like having female characters around because they get in the way of their yaoi delusions.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:01 am Reply with quote
The weapons are based off of either Japanese swords or polearms. The latter of which could have various jokes made about it.
kuron3kosama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
I really like some of these designs. Looks like it could be interesting, lol.

leesahlynn wrote:
-grabby hands-
Want to play.
What are the odds this gets translated and put in the Play Store?
Not remotely?
sigh Sad
I know some people have figured out how to get the Japanese version of Gijin Kareshi et al, but I'm kind of a tech-failure.

From this post alone I can't tell if you're aware or not, but Gijin Kareshi has been available in English on Play and iTunes under the name Animal Boyfriend for a couple of months now. Very Happy
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

If the trigger was the "clitoris" in Upotte, I wonder what the grip of the swords will be in this one Laughing

Anime please

Lol, your comment actually made me laugh. That goes without saying... the legs of course. Razz
wyntre_rose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:

You're probably alone there. They have to look out for the fujoshi market, and fujoshi don't like having female characters around because they get in the way of their yaoi delusions.

Or maybe fujoshi are actual people with their own individual tastes and preferences?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:00 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

Anime please

Lol, your comment actually made me laugh. That goes without saying... the legs of course. Razz

The third legs? Very Happy
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
_Cyphon_ wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

If the trigger was the "clitoris" in Upotte, I wonder what the grip of the swords will be in this one :lol:
Anime please

Lol, your comment actually made me laugh. That goes without saying... the legs of course. :P

The third legs? :D

On that note, the tanto and wakizashi will kindly remind you that it's not the size, but how you use it.
leesahlynn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:44 am Reply with quote
kuron3kosama wrote:
Gijin Kareshi has been available in English on Play and iTunes under the name Animal Boyfriend for a couple of months now. Very Happy

oh no, I spend mad money on AB, I just don't know of any other games that aren't also already translated to use as an example so I went with the most popular one. xD I'm so envious of the people who have both versions, the JPN one has got some REALLY cute stuff lately, but I have tried and miserably failed to figure it out with my own phone.

I really want to play this one though, so many different types and the art is all gorgeous. Maybe it'll be really popular and I'll get my wish. :3 Gotta have dreams.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1