• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz picks up Saint Seiya manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:26 pm Reply with quote
This really is unusual. I was sure ADV would pick up the manga as well for their new ADV Manga label. On the other hand having Viz and Bandai sharing a title isn't all that unusual, just look at Gundam. But to have 3 totally different unrelated companies work in different media areas of the same title, almost unheard of, I can't think of another time where this has occured without one having the master license. As far as I know each one went right to the source for their repective licenses.

Very intersting.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrushinLionHeart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:19 am Reply with quote
well......the whole Saint Seiya stuff was pretty famous, even though not heard in the US, pretty famous in Europe and South America, so naturally they would want to each take some part of it cause they want to gain as much from it as possible.....even though the manga itself is pretty much a different aternate story and the art is pretty bad (i can acutally draw better Cool )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1