• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Slated for Steam on January 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyarlathotep94

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:17 am Reply with quote
Waaaaaiiiit.. steam?
This is a vita game right?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:56 am Reply with quote
Even more games would be available for the PC when Windows 10 comes out.

Since Microsoft is combining everything, a game within a Microsoft platform could be played on Windows 10, including cross-platform play. (So for example, ya can have a LAN party at your friend's place where she's playing XB1 on her big screen while everybody else just brings their laptops or tablets and Xbox controllers.)
tootbrush

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:35 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Since Microsoft is combining everything, a game within a Microsoft platform could be played on Windows 10, including cross-platform play. (So for example, ya can have a LAN party at your friend's place where she's playing XB1 on her big screen while everybody else just brings their laptops or tablets and Xbox controllers.)

You misunderstood them. That can only happen if the Xbone games have been ported to Win10 (e.g. Fable Legends), have cross-platform play implemented and the tablets/laptops are good enough to run them.

If you meant the Xbone->Win10 device streaming, that's limited to one device at a time. The Xbone isn't powerful enough to stream several games or several instances of one game (and your wifi probably can't handle it anyway).
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:34 am Reply with quote
>A game about console wars
>A PC game
>On Steam

Does not compute.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:58 am Reply with quote
tootbrush wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

You misunderstood them. That can only happen if the Xbone games have been ported to Win10 (e.g. Fable Legends), have cross-platform play implemented and the tablets/laptops are good enough to run them.

I don't think it has to be ported. Xbox Live will be built-in to Win10 (heh, should we call it WinX and make a club? Laughing ), so if it's available on Xbox Live, then it'd also be available on a Win10 PC (with varying minimum resource requirements). That means even old games, not just new ones.

tootbrush wrote:

If you meant the Xbone->Win10 device streaming, that's limited to one device at a time. The Xbone isn't powerful enough to stream several games or several instances of one game (and your wifi probably can't handle it anyway).

Yeah, that's a whole 'nother thing.
MeisterYM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
My wallet and pants are ready.

Extreme wishful thinking, but can we get the two Date A Live visual novels on Steam while we're at it? :p
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quote
This is a VITA game and everyone who likes JRPG games should buy it

REBIRTH 2 comes on VITA the same week
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I like the Neptunia games enough to spend full price, but for $14.99, I'll bite.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1