• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Lupin III Stage Play Travels to 18th-Century France

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:04 am Reply with quote
Well, they don't really have to worry about copyright infringement anymore from the Leblanc estate since Lupin is now in public domain.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Well, they don't really have to worry about copyright infringement anymore from the Leblanc estate since Lupin is now in public domain.

Well that and this stage play has an all-female cast (not that I'm complaining about it). Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Flah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Well... I suppose that's one way for Takarazuka to save money on costume costs.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Truth be told, I don't think (unless it's a {Do not use contemptuous/offensive terms like that. ~nbahn} or drag person) adult women should be playing teen/adult male characters in live-action (same goes for men playing women in this form) because I find it unnatural and forced. That's my opinion.
SnowCentaur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:18 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Truth be told, I don't think (unless it's a {Do not use contemptuous/offensive terms like that. ~nbahn} or drag person) adult women should be playing teen/adult male characters in live-action (same goes for men playing women in this form) because I find it unnatural and forced. That's my opinion.

Like Kabuki is only played by men, even female roles?

No seriously, why do you even care? I think everyone knows that they're women, that's the troupe's appeal. Like so much else, live and let live, don't watch it if you don't like it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1