• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Triage X Anime's Video, More Cast, Staff, Premiere Date, Song Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:35 am Reply with quote
After seeing this promotional video, I kinda miss High School of the Dead. We'll see what happens but I don't have high expectations for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:36 am Reply with quote
Looks like the type of quality that we can all expect from the character designer behind "High School of the Dead." Take that as you will.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:36 am Reply with quote
YES! YES! YES! YES! FIYAH!!!!

TO THE BLU-RAY!!!
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:40 am Reply with quote
It's just a shame that it doesn't have the same aesthetic as the Highschool of the Dead anime had. HOTD's art was so close to the actual manga artwork. I've seen this design enough times (Kanokon, Ladies vs. Butlers, and Maken-Ki 2) that I'm sick of it.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:52 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Looks like the type of quality that we can all expect from the character designer behind "High School of the Dead." Take that as you will.

Of course, it will be quality shounen Twisted Evil But no, unfortunately it's not the same designer Mad They're using Akio Takami's plumper designs (e.g. Kanokon, Ladies vs Butlers, Maken-ki 2) I like his work, but I was disappointed with their decision, since Shouji Satou's designs are hotter here.

However, after seeing a bit more, it doesn't seem too bad. Here's Sayo, Yuuko, Miki, also shown in the middle of the PV.

Still, I like Shouji Satou's original design more (the bottom 3 pics in the ANN article)

edit:
infamoustakai wrote:
It's just a shame that it doesn't have the same aesthetic as the Highschool of the Dead anime had. HOTD's art was so close to the actual manga artwork. I've seen this design enough times (Kanokon, Ladies vs. Butlers, and Maken-Ki 2) that I'm sick of it.

lol, I see we're on the same wavelength. I'm sure we're not the only ones disappointed by this aesthetic decision.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:25 am Reply with quote
I wonder how the mix of character designs from the director & character designer Takami Akio and from the author Sato Shoji will work.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:49 am Reply with quote
Happy with the cast, so-so on who's performing the OP and ED. The character designs still bugging me though, granted I didn't expect Shouji Satou's gorgeous art to well realised in the anime but those designs look a little off to me. Especially Oriha.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:09 am Reply with quote
well hopefully if the anime is as popular as highschool of the dead, then there will be a high chance it might get licensed in the US sooner than later and probably get an english dub. if it follows the manga faithfully then the series will have nothing to worry about. that is unless it gets released the same time as highschool dxd born.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote
While i didn't care for Highschool of the Dead...at all, I'll check this out since the plot seems mildly intriguing.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:02 pm Reply with quote
They took the vid down and I can't find another one. Do the boobs shake everywhere like in HOTD?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Hit "youtube" at the bottom of the embedded version to go to the full link and then just remove the "-nocookie" thing from the URL to get a regular youtube link, that worked for me. Hope that helps.

Edit: http://youtu.be/bB0XFfJUFRk

infamoustakai wrote:

Yeah, I agree with both of you, it's ashame they couldn't get the designer who adapted them for Highschool of the Dead, they were nicely close to capturing his original art style. That's about the only thing that's disappointing, otherwise I'm quite looking forward to this.

Edit: That's true, Sayo, Yuuko, and Miki look pretty good in that image above.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Lol, this has H.O.T.D plastered all over it down to the insane boobs. They should've just given us second season. Triage X doesn't look bad though. I guess they've learned by now that Badass main character + fanservice = views. I'll definitely keep watch of this, if not for the plot then the fanservice should be able to satisfy.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
hotd was animated by madhouse..... xebec is good but not at the same level as madhouse.

still I think it will be good, if the action scenes are well done than it wont be too bad.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:
hotd was animated by madhouse..... xebec is good but not at the same level as madhouse.

still I think it will be good, if the action scenes are well done than it wont be too bad.

if it follows the manga , then you dont have to worry about that at all. i just hope it doesnt go down the same road as tokko , claymore or deadman wonderland where it only have one season and to continue with the storyline, you'll need to read the manga scenario. otherwise it will be dead on arrival.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:00 am Reply with quote
Hopefully the series will last longer than 12 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2