• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Heavy Object Anime Date, Visual, Staff Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:58 am Reply with quote
The visual looks good here. I hope they will adapt this faithfully. The studio (J.C. Staff) doesn't surprise me at all though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:27 am Reply with quote
Staff announcement wrote:
Animation Studio: J.C. Staff

"Shocker"

A Fall show along side the 2nd cour of Owari no Seraph; sounds good.

Thus far, all of J.C. Staff's adaptations of Kamachi Kazuma's works were continuous 2-cour shows; maybe this one as well?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:43 am Reply with quote
Looks cool.
LCSeixas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote
Index S3 never.

After so long, I lost all hope.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:51 am Reply with quote
LCSeixas wrote:
Index S3 never.

After so long, I lost all hope.

Im possitve Index and Railgun S3 will be announced this or next year. And maybe even Accelerator adapation. The world of Index is a cashcow. And its not even that long... Railgun S and Index movie is from 2013 so just wait for it.

I hope Funimation will pick up this in October.
xikara

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:09 am Reply with quote
> Music: Iuchi Maiko

Hell, yes! Railgun S' music was splendid.

Haven't read the novel but Kamachi being the author, I can only be hyped.

I won't say I'm losing hope in seeing a new Index season but J.C.Staff hasn't been helping.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:41 am Reply with quote
Looks promising. I hope J.C. Staff is able to impress us.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quote
While I haven't really read this series, I could see that if we do get it licensed and Funi dubs it that Monica Rial play one of the female leads (since she played Index and this series is from that creator).
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:

Im possitve Index and Railgun S3 will be announced this or next year. And its not even that long...
I hope Funimation will pick up this in October.

I know I don't speak for everyone but most fans I've spoken to don't really want a Railgun S3. Excluding railgun s2, Index has been a very long time, October 2010. Five years prior to Heavy Object's air date. That's half a decade. Yes the spin-offs are nice and interesting in their owns but fans want the main story more than anything else.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I know I don't speak for everyone but most fans I've spoken to don't really want a Railgun S3. Excluding railgun s2, Index has been a very long time, October 2010. Five years prior to Heavy Object's air date. That's half a decade. Yes the spin-offs are nice and interesting in their owns but fans want the main story more than anything else.

Indeed. Personally, I enjoyed Railgun S probably as much as the next fan, but I prefer that, if J.C. Staff has to choose between making another Railgun or Index, that they would make another Index.
TJR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
It's dependent on the priorities of ASCII Media Works and Warner Bros.

A look at Kouhei Kawase and Nobuhiro Nakayama's slate can give us a pretty good picture of where Warner stands. In particular, Nakayama's involvement on Index is a given.

I guess the take home point is that the video companies only do a limited number of things a year, so there's some juggling between new titles (the highest priority) and sequels. To the fan, this means is that for any time window, one project generally precludes another from being made, and that's before even considering the schedule of the animation production company.

For example, Accel World was a major 2-cours production in 2012. However, a full lineup in 2013 that included Railgun S and Strike the Blood meant that a sequel could never have been made that year. Likewise, the production of Index and Strike the Blood sequels are in part limited by Warner's recent priorities, such as WIXOSS, Argevollen, Shirobako, Shokugeki no Soma, and Heavy Object (notice the increase in high profile original shows too, which is an industry trend).
Mathias2001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

Indeed. Personally, I enjoyed Railgun S probably as much as the next fan, but I prefer that, if J.C. Staff has to choose between making another Railgun or Index, that they would make another Index.

You got it all wrong. The reasons the fans want another Index is because we gotten Railgun in 2013, not because Index is the main story. They waited longer for Index so they want Index first and than Railgun. I mean the next manga arc of Railgun is hype and they do want it animated but they would choose Index since they waited longer and the next arcs are also pretty hype. Its just how long we waited. T
Mathias2001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Mathias2001 wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

You got it all wrong. The reasons the fans want another Index is because we gotten Railgun in 2013, not because Index is the main story. They waited longer for Index so they want Index first and than Railgun. I mean the next manga arc of Railgun is hype and they do want it animated but they would choose Index since they waited longer and the next arcs are also pretty hype. Its just how long we waited. T

Also, the Accelerator manga is too short to have an adaption yet. It would take a couple of years in order to have enough material(If they don't do filler). So that is out of the question for now. The studio confirmed that they won't do another Railgun until they do Index 3 anyway so the next Raildex series we'll have is Index 3 but when is the question everybody wants to know
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, the Index release timeline has been messed up now(go look at each air date relating to Index plus the movie, not Railgun).

Looking forward to HO.
EternalAbyss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:41 am Reply with quote
I actually can't wait for this to be released. I've read 7 of the 8 translated novels and its good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2