• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fairy Tail Part 15 BD+DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
This set might be my favorite so far. The battles in the tournament reminded me why I love this show, and had me tearing up or cheering at multiple points. Also, this is one time where it is nice to be a fair amount behind the Japanese air dates since it means not having to wait a year to see more. I actually held off on starting the show until I knew for sure when it would start up again because I didn't want to get hundreds of episodes into a show only to have it stop.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
While the humiliation factor has been dialed down from the manga, it's still a horrifying event.

true enough which is why that ep was far more degrading on women than ep 163 which was simply a fanservice episode and there's nothing wrong with a little ecchi type fanservice now and then. most of the shonen type series have at least one ep like that.

Quote:
the wizard Minerva takes her place in the Games, and, simply put, she's a bitch. (Anastasia Munoz deserves a mention for helping to make her thoroughly unlikable with some great voice work.)

which is why people are really hoping minerva never have kids otherwise she would ending up becoming an even worst mother than medusa or ragyo.

and a definitely props for the VA for that voice work.

However its a little too good if you ask me. cause anymore female villain roles and fans might end up calling her the female VA version of Johnny Young Bosch who also have a tendency to making very unlikable if not uber bastard characters (like Lelouch and Izara) very good that its almost scary to say the least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Actually the naval battle was the best fan service that the series has ever had.

What bothered me most about the story at that point was that Lucy once again took an unwarranted pummeling. Yes spoiler[Minerva] was a bitch but who really should answer for it was spoiler[Aquarius who left Lucy in the lurch and without her help] at the worst possible moment.

Lucy has shown that she would die for the benefit of her celestial spirits. spoiler[Minerva] on the other hand left Lucy undefended on a trivial whim.

Also, when she was getting beat to death why didn't spoiler[Loki come rescue her? Although Lucy didn't have her keys (again!) he can open his own gate and did it before.]
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:58 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Actually the naval battle was the best fan service that the series has ever had.

What bothered me most about the story at that point was that Lucy once again took an unwarranted pummeling. Yes spoiler[Minerva] was a bitch but who really should answer for it was spoiler[Aquarius who left Lucy in the lurch and without her help] at the worst possible moment.

Lucy has shown that she would die for the benefit of her celestial spirits. spoiler[Minerva] on the other hand left Lucy undefended on a trivial whim.

Also, when she was getting beat to death why didn't spoiler[Loki come rescue her? Although Lucy didn't have her keys (again!) he can open his own gate and did it before.]

I think the point of Naval battle was done to show how powerful and sadistic Minerva was, as a result Lucy kinda got the short end of the stick but that was okay, Lucy willingly admits that she isn't very strong

spoiler[ also as to why Loke didn't save her...he is a Lion spirit, don't cats hate water or something? IDK he was probably busy or Minerva's Territory magic was effecting the keys in some way ]

I Love Fairy Tail so I do hope Funi announces a dub of Series 2 soon
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1